Chapter 1

William Afton but he's not a murderer shut up ok he's just sad about his son gettin crunched

Warning its angsty lol

-------

Clara Afton and William Afton were distraught, to say the least.

A few days ago was their son's birthday, and the day he was sent to the emergency room with traumatic brain injuries, specifically the frontal lobe.

A few days ago, William had taken his two sons and his daughter to his work place - Fredbear's diner - for them to play and have Michael's party while William was working.

He hadn't been watching them. Technically, he shouldn't have had to - there was workers all around when the incident had occurred.

Nobody gave William or Clara an accurate description of what went down, but none of it was good.

William found out by seeing his son in the jaws of the animatronic bear and the fur drenched in his youngest son's blood.

Clara found out through a phone call from her husband, from the hospital. When she arrived, she couldn't stand to be in his room for more than a moment. It hurt too much to see her sweet boy Michael covered in tubes and it broke her heart to see his pale, sickly skin.

Tonight, they both lie awake in their bed. Not talking. Both just stare at the ceiling for a while. Clara hurt when she heard her husband take a long, shaky breath. She sat up and looked at him.

"Will? Hon, you okay?"

He sat up. He looked at her, and suddenly the ball of emotion in his chest erupted out of him. "Oh my God, Clara, it's all my fault!" He cried, and suddenly his face was red and wet with tears. "I killed him! He's on his deathbed because of me!" He looked at his hands, remembering the blood of his son dripping from when he had to pull the boy from it's maw. He put them over his eyes and cried.

Clara cries too. She takes him into a hug, tight - like her life depends on it. "Oh, darling, no!" They both stay like this for a while. He sobs into her neck, she cries onto his shoulder and never lets go. She rubs his back slowly, "No, honey, no.. it wasn't your fault."

"I wasn't.." a shaky breath, "I wasn't there to save him."

"Shh, shh, it was accident.. there was nothing anyone could have done.."

He just cries harder.

--------