Chapter 4

Omg sort of in the pov of one of the children woah!!!

Real short one sorry lol

--------

It was around midnight, the house a soothing quiet as the Afton household lays sleeping. All but one, that is.

Elizabeth Afton was awake in her room, upset by a nightmare. She rubbed at her eyes, a small wimper breaking the silence in her room.

She slid from her bed, and moved down the hall. Her blanket trailed behind her, draped around her shoulders like a cape.

She looked up at the tall, dark door of her parent's room. The only sound from within was the overhead fan left on inside.

She creaked open the door, peeking through the crack to make sure it was safe.

Once assessed, she made her way to her father's side of the bed. She stood on her tip-toes and flicked on the bedside lamp. "Daddy?"

Her father groaned and sat up, gaining consciousness. Her mother rolled to face the opposite of the light. William rubbed his eye. "Elizabeth, darling, what do you need?" His voice was soft and slow, half out of courtesy for his sleeping wife and half because he was not fully awake.

"I had a dream. It was scary.."
"A nightmare, Beth?"
"Yeah.."

He gave a lopsided smile and lifted her onto the bed. He sat her between the husband and wife, knowingly. "Mummy and Daddy need to sleep. You can sleep with us, or if you want, Daddy can take you back to your room." He explains to the youth. She rolls her eyes, like it's obvious. She tucks her legs under the blanket and nods for her father to shut off the light.

He turns and turns it off with a click, enveloping them in darkness again.  He rolls so his back is toward Elizabeth.

She pats his back and tucks herself in. "Goodnight, Daddy!"
"Goodnight, Beth."

--------

"Mummy" bri'ish boy