ending fairies

There was a punishment for the losing team and that was they had to dress up in their PR photos. We also had to refine our ending fairies—a pose that we made whenever we killed someone and as cameras focused on us.

The moment I walked into the classroom, I saw Hendery standing in a Rapunzel costume, his long braided wigged hair pulled to the front.

"Is your ankle fine?" I asked, Hendery nodding. "You look dashing, by the way."

"Of course, Noona," he said before he winked. "Noona, what's your ending pose?"

"Uh, it's a butterfly." I lifted my hands to show him how it looked like. I fluttered my fingers. "What is yours?"

"I'm only Epic II so I haven't played in a full-blown arena yet so I don't have an ending pose just yet. Any suggestions?" he asked and I shook my head when he snapped his fingers like he just got a revelation. "How about this?"

He began to dance, a hand over his head and I blinked.

Hendery and his spinny spinny

"You want to do that?" I asked, Hendery spinning in front of me. He stopped and nodded when I realized that Lucas had walked in as an Elsa. "What is going on?"

"I lost the round that I played. I played against Chenle and Jisung," Lucas told me and I couldn't stop myself from staring at his chest before dragging my eyes away. Our evaluator came and told us to finalize our ending poses, a few people going out to the PR room to take a few photos.

"What's your pose again, Noona?" Hendery asked, the male finally settling for a one arm flex to the camera. I agreed on that because it was simple. I showed them my butterfly, Ten nodding.

"That's like Winwin's ending pose, but his palms face outward. W for Winwin." Ten pointed at Yangyang. "That's Yangyang, he's our youngest. Show Nabi your ending pose."

Yangyang made his fingers into a gun and lifted them up to his lips, blowing the end.

"That's cute," I said, a voice scoffing. Oh Dana appeared, her lips painted red. "What's yours?"

"I curtsey," she said, lowering one of her knees to bow to the camera. "Johnny used to bow to the camera so as his counterpart, I'm doing it the same. Except, more like a lady."

The door opened and I saw a very very blue Jeno walk in looking like he was done with everyone.

"Oh lord, what did Jaemin do to Jeno?"

[Jeno the Smurf]

Jeno stood in the middle with a red hat. He grunted. "I fell asleep and when I woke up, I was already blue."

"I did it," Jaemin said deadpan. "But he looks good, no?"

As I sat down, I realized that all their ending poses were different. Jeno would salute to the camera every time he scored a skill. Haechan would make fake binoculars because 'All eyes on me! I'm Lee Haechan!'. Jaehyun would pound his chest two times and give out a peace sign. Jaemin would make a big heart because he loved his fans.

Bunny was Bunny, so she would make bunny ears with her fingers and a small mini-heart. Taeyong would lift his sword in the air. Chenle would tip his hat since his hat was part of his Harley costume.

Renjun would just stare into the camera and his fans would just stare back. Renjun's fans were a different breed.

"What about Jisung?" I asked, Dana lifting up a hand to cover half her face with her palm before she smiled. "That's his ending pose? I don't get it."

[Jisung's ending pose]

"What don't you get, New York?" she grumbled. "He plays Popol and Kupa so his Kupa is half of him. Hence half the face."

"Oh..." I nodded, Jaehyun entering the room. He seemed to have taken a shower, the male rubbing his wet hair. "Hi."

"Hey," Jaehyun greeted, stopping beside me. "What are you girls talking about?"

"You," Dana answered, Jaehyun glaring at her. "Joking. Talking about our ending poses."

Jaehyun pounded on his chest two times, lifting his hands up into a peace sign. Dana rolled her eyes and said she knew when I brought my attention to Mark who ran in, dressed as some child detective.

 Dana rolled her eyes and said she knew when I brought my attention to Mark who ran in, dressed as some child detective

"I'm late. I forgot about the punishment and fell asleep," he complained and I laughed, the male adjusting his glasses. "This is my ending sign." Mark began to eagerly show me.

"When I kill someone, I lift my hand and pretend to grab something in the air. Those are god's prayers." He grabbed something in the air and brought it back down, pressing to lips onto it before he made a cross. "Just so I don't feel bad for killing them on the arena."

I chuckled, Mark beaming at me.

"It is time for PR photos!" one of the staff called as we filed into the photo rooms to take a photo for the beginning of the season.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________