epilogue

two years of oblivion came to an end in a day when soobin finally managed to gather all the dissipated memories bit by bit to completion.

he had to go through a critical brain surgery, leading him to lose his memories and be a patient of retrograde amnesia because of the damage to the memory storage areas of the brain. when he woke up, it was only him, taehyun and huening in the hospital's room and when he couldn't even remember his own name, they tensed up.

the doctor restricted them to let him know about yeonjun and the traumatic moments as that might put a huge impact on his mental health since he was yet to be recovered. it might even lead him to lose his memory forever, perhaps that was a blessing to live.

days passed by, huening was always there for soobin, they both lived together, spending time with each other but there was always a kind of emptiness in soobin's heart, he didn't know why. he felt like he left someone behind, did something really unjust to someone and he just couldn't stop missing the 'someone' who he had no idea about. he started hating rain as he always found himself sobbing whenever it rained, and he had no idea why.

he used to constantly ask huening if they skipped any part, if they were hiding something from him, if he was really what they told he was. a year passed by, sometimes sudden fainted flashbacks would hunt him, rising his goosebumps.

as more time kept passing by, he started remembering everything but yeonjun. although, he didn't stop pestering huening to tell him more and more to the point that kai would get too worked up about it, causing soobin to doubt more.

complications started when he happened to hear the name 'yeonjun' somewhere and it didn't waste a minute to mangle his heart.

after two whole years, soobin could finally grasp the reality. he researched about the daegu serial case to perceive what happened later. that's when every memory attacked him, burning his heart into ashes.

-

"found you." soobin mumbled, holding a bouquet of garbera daisies. he looked at the gravestone made of marbles where choi yeonjun was written then at the black frame, hot torrents of grief welling up in his eyes and coursing down his cheeks.

the wintry crisp air slapped his face as he swiped the dead flowers which crinkled in his hand, replacing with new ones. staring at the portrait, his fingers skimmed the cold frame and his despairing eyes stared at yeonjun's smile.

"you are smiling here just like how i have painted you. when did you take this picture? were you always prepared?"

kneeling down, his fingers traced the delicately carved name. he felt the gloomy sky pouring scorn on him, the misty fog railing against him and the grasses screaming at him, telling him that everything was his fault. he felt like his chest was carrying the whole world's weight and his throat was tightened.

"is it cold there?" soobin paused his cascading tears and put a sad smile on his face but his quivering lips didn't allow much. taking off his overcoat, he gently wrapped it around the portrait.

"you must have felt so lonely there. look at me, such an inhuman to take too much time in finding you....but...i won't make you wait anymore, i'm so sorry." his shoulders kept shaking while his eyes were bleeding with pain. a great sob escaped him, he quickly covered his mouth with his trembling hands, saying, "i am not crying, i'll be finally meeting you, yeonjun."

taking out a box of devastating pills, he spewed them all out of the bottle, filling his hand. before he could take them in, another hand jolted his hand abruptly, resulting the pills to scatter on the ground.

gut wrenching sobs left from his mouth and his body wracked, looking at the person who shouted at him, "are you crazy?"

he couldn't see the face as his eyes were filled to the brim with tears, but he recognised the voice immediately.