Chapter 13 : Get to know Joshua and Elijah.

Third person point of view

They walked around for a while and decided to take a turn back as their conversation went on. They only went so far and turned around towards their apartment. " You get paid well ? " Joshua smiled. " Why ? Will you give me more if it isn't enough ? " Elijah thought for a second. " I can consider it ". Joshua laughed amused by Elijah's answer. " Really ? " Elijah nodded sincerely. " I love your offer, but no thank you. I get enough. I use for myself, buy a few things for my parents, send them a little from time to time and also save sometimes. So, I am good ". 

" Then why don't you get a car ? It will be easier to go to work ". " I am too lazy to drive ". " And you called me lazy ". " Come on. If you have a car, you would've had a driver. I can't afford to have a driver my dear young master ". Elijah smiled at the way Joshua addressed him and nodded. " So you take a taxi ? " " Or a bus. Depends on which arrives first ". " Nice. How is work ? " " Fine ". " Uh huh. You work in sales department ? " Joshua nodded. " You always come at the same time ? " 

" Not really, but on regular basis, this is it. If there is more work or I have to work over time, it varies. Actually until the day before you came here, I used to go back home late and even worked on weekends. We had a new product launch and had to work on it ". " So I am your lucky charm, you get to come back home early ". Joshua rolled his eyes. " You think too highly of yourself mister ". Elijah chuckled. They reached the building and went back into the house. 

" Anything else ? " Joshua asked as he walked into the house. " Nope ". " Well, I will go sleep now ". " Good night ". " Good night ". " Thank you ". Joshua halted in his steps and turned around with slightly wide eyes. " What did you say ? " " I said, thank you ". " What did I do ? " " Just... you came with me and kept me company ". " Not an issue. I don't think I did something that deserves something as big as a thank you. Anytime ". 

Joshua smiled and blinked his eyes in a cute way. He was about to turn around to walk to his room, but stopped and faced Elijah again. Elijah paused and stared; confused why Joshua turned around again. " But don't wake me up in the middle of the night ". Elijah laughed. " Okay ". Joshua winked and went to his room. Elijah smiled and walked to his room. He closed his eyes and fell asleep easily.

The next morning, he hummed as he cooked. Joshua stared at Elijah's back in disbelief and amusement. " Can I know the reason behind your good mood my lord ? That too early in the morning ". Elijah turned around with a smile. " I had a nice sleep ". " Nice ". " Here ". He put the plate in front of Joshua. " Looks yummy ". " As always ". " I cannot disagree with that though ". Elijah smiled and Joshua ate his breakfast. " By the way, why don't you eat ? " 

" I am not used to it ". " You complained that I am not eating properly. Look at you, not even eating anything ". " I am fine. I am used to it ". " Whatever. You will not listen to me anyway. But at least eat a little or drink something. It is not good to stay with ans empty stomach for long ". " Okay, okay. Got it ". Joshua finished his breakfast and left the house. Elijah went back to his room and fell asleep. After a while he heard the door bell. He sat up wondering who it might be and rubbed his eyes. 

He opened the door and Nicholas was standing there. He walked into the house letting Nicholas walk in. " What is it ? " Nicholas could say Elijah was grumpy. " I woke you up ? " He asked carefully. Elijah only gave him a look. " Sorry, I didn't mean to. But this is urgent. I need your signature on them ". " Why ? " " The other company wants us to send these in a fax and not mail. So I had to bring them to you and send it to them as soon as possible ". 

" Which company ? " " Elijah ". Nicholas said his name in a warning tone. " Just sign it ". Elijah gave a poker face. " I only asked the name ". " Like I don't know what you are capable of and your special antics if you don't like something. I am not telling you, so don't you dare do anything impulsive. I have enough work to deal with ". Elijah took the file reluctantly and looked through it. Nicholas let out a sigh of relief. 

He knew Elijah too well. He has seen enough to know what things Elijah could do if he wanted to. There were no bounds to it. He had seen an amazing number of those reckless acts before and even helped him cleaning up after. He knew Elijah did a few impulsive things but the results were never bad, just they were too bratty sometimes. He knew how much of a jerk Elijah could be; but also knew the fun it too, so he only stood in the side lines or even helped before and after. He never stopped Elijah. Well Elijah was more like a brother than just a friend and far from just his boss. 

Elijah signed it and gave it back to Nicholas. " Thank you ". " Get out ". " Calm down ". " Whatever ". " Listen to me ". " What is it ? " " Can you not even meet him once ? Just meet him and you will be done ". Elijah kept looking at Nicholas with a blank expression. " Please ". Nicholas said tentatively. Elijah nodded. " I will in a few days ". " Good ". Nicholas got up. " Bye. Go sleep now ". " You are jealous I can sleep ". " Of course I am ". 

Elijah shook his head. He closed the door as soon as Nicholas left and went back to his room. He slept for some more time. He woke up late in the afternoon. He groaned and ordered some food. He got out of bed almost unwillingly and walked to the bathroom. He washed his face to get rid of the sleepiness. He finished his lunch which arrived very soon and sat on the couch.

                                                                       -MG

Author notice :

I can totally imagine a little younger Elijah causing ruckus in someone else's office or maybe being snarky when they meet. OR basically being a spoiled second gen son and brat. I can imagine him trying to cover it up as well. But still he would be so cool. Man~~ I love it. 😂

They are acting like such sweethearts sometimes. 😶 God it gives my single soul diabetes. 😂

This update is because I was being an absolute - no swearing. Anyways I was bored and did it at night. I hope you enjoyed. I should really get my head together and work hard on my studies as well. Please pray for me to do so. 😂