Prologue 1: Taiko Hirebayashi

[9 years before the timeline in sword/ shield]

"Taiko, honey. Don't run too far awayfrom the camp. The wild area is teeming with Pokemon. ", a woman,around her late 20s to early 30s with purple hair that was tied in apigtail, spoke in a warning tone. She wore glasses and petted aFlareon, her loyal partner Pokemon.

"Yes, mommy.", a9-year old girl with fiery red hair replied cheekily.

"And stop using this word,please. Did you learn that here in Galar? Please just call me mother.", she corrected her daughter. Ever since the holiday in Galarbegan, the child seemed to have increasingly adopted the linguisticpeculiarities of the inhabitants of this region.

"Okay,mother.", Taiko muttered and rolled her eyes in slightannoyance. She didn't thought it was that bad, because she lovedeverything in Galar. Much more than at her home in Ecruteak City, inJohto. Her mother was one of the dancing geishas at Ho-Oh's temple,which was why Taiko was promised an Eevee for her 10th birthday as astarter Pokemon. Like all geishas, ​​she should learn the art ofmeditation dance one day, in order to command the awe of the holyphoenix pokemon. But now they were here, in Galar, enjoying a fewdays of vacation.

Taiko quickly got bored, however. Inher tent, she started to felt shut in. Her toys were onlyentertaining for a short period of time. She wanted to explore thewild area and see Pokemon! No matter how much her mother told her notto.

The young redhead sneaked out of thetent, while her parents were talking to an employee of the PokemonRangers, because a wild Dynamax Pokemon attacked the Lake of outragenearby. Therefore, a warning was issued to all traveling coaches andtourists to stay away from this lake in any case.

If that didn't sound like an adventure..

Without even thinking about it, thegirl simply ran through the wild area. Lake of outrage was relativelyin the middle of the area and her parents' camp was quite far to thesouth, at a popular campground for out-of-towners. Because there wereonly weak Pokemon running around, which did not pose any danger tohikers.

So Taiko just had to walk south, right?... But she didn't knew where the south was.

The extroverted redhead remembered herdays in the scouts camp, which had taken place near Cianwood City.She remembered that moss grows on the northern side of trees becausethey are often in the shade due to the rays of the sun on the otherside and the moss can spread there. So Taiko examined the surroundingtrees and based on the position of the moss, she quickly knew wherenorth was. She nodded proudly and then strutted north, full ofenergy.

Meanwhile in another part of the wildarea.

"Pokeball, go!" an 11 year old boywith dark skin, casual clothes and a red headband that hid most ofhis hair, shouted. The pokeball hit a small, white spherical pokemon,which was vaguely reminiscent of a slug. The dragon pokemon Goomy.The ball wobbled three times before stopping and trapping thePokemon. "YES!" the boy smirked and put himself in avictory pose, which, of course, nobody could see because he wasalone. Shortly afterwards, he took his Rotom smartphone out of hispocket and took a picture of himself and his latest catch. Then heopened a social media page that was similar to Facebook.

'Look, I caught a Goomy! The dragontamer Raihan has struck again! : D Soon nobody can stop me, so take agood look @Leon! I will be champion before you!'