Prologue 3: Y/n L/n

Light footsteps echoed through thedarkened Slumbering Weald, Galar. You tried to make your way throughthe thicket and a white Vulpix kept you company. The little Pokemonhad a very shy and timid nature and was trembling with fear all thetime. The unknown has always had a tense effect on the pre-stressedPokemon. No wonder, when you thought about what those monsters fromTeam Skull in Alola must have done to it. You didn't want to thinkabout that anymore and took out your smartphone to dial yourbrother's number.

"Yes? [Y/n]? Man, we're looking for youeverywhere. We were supposed to meet at Wedgehurst station. Are youlost again? " a male voice sighed at the other end.

"What does 'again' mean here?Sorry for not memorizing the entire map of a new region the firsttime I explore. Not everyone can have such a photographic memory asour Professor Mamoru [L/n]. "You countered jokingly.

"Veryfunny. Where are you?"

"If I'd know that. There is aforest here. I followed a little Pokemon that I don't know yet. Thatwas so cute. Such a small blue creature, a bit similar to Ralts, withpigtails. I HAD to go after it, that's why I ran after it. "Youexplained, describing the Pokemon Hattrem, the intermediate form tothe Pokemon Hatterene, a Galar Pokemon with the dual types fairy andpsycho.

".... You walked into an unknownforest because of a 'cute' Pokemon?" Mamoru sighed and coveredhis face with his hand. That was just so typical of you.

"Pff. If it had been a newArcanine Pokemon, you would have done the same. " You shrugged yourshoulders and heard a woman's voice laughing on the other side."Hello Aki."

While you were talking to your brother,you did not notice at first that a fog was coming up. At first thefog was light and transparent, but soon you couldn't even see yourown hand in front of your eyes.

"Damn. Where does thisfog come from all of a sudden? Hello? Mamoru? Can you still hear me?Hello? " You asked several times after you didn't get an answer.You looked at your cell phone and then saw the connection go dead."Strange."You muttered and tried to connect again.

Connection failure. The empty wifisymbols blinked mysteriously and that made you even more alarmed thanyou already were.

Vulpix jumped into your arms, the fogmust have made it even more frightened as it snuggled into yourchest. You pressed the fox creature close and tried to calm it down."Don't worry, I'm here. We can do it, " You whispered in acalming tone.

Suddenly there was a rustling in thebushes next to you, made you stopping in your tracks. You swallowedand hugged Vulpix even closer. "Okay .. keep calm. That is ..just the cute blue Pokemon from earlier .. definitely .. I'm sure ofit "Your mantra died in your throat when a large, wolf-likePokemon came slowly walking towards you. It was mostly blue and thetail, as well as his shoulder jewelry and a long, pigtail-like furchain, were in a red. The animal looked graceful but also dangerous.You knew from your trainer battle experience when a wild Pokemon istoo strong to risk a fight. Since you had not brought any otherPokemon to Galar except Vulpix and Primarina, you did not dare tochallenge this mysterious Pokemon. Especially since the fog was toothick for a real fight.

You backed away as the unknown wolfpokemon stepped closer. It seemed to be assessing the situationwithout actually giving the appearance of wanting to attack. Youdidn't wanted to risk anything and so you turned around and tried toescape. You held Vulpix with all your strength so that you wouldn'tdrop it while running.