Chapter 1: new friends & a cliffhanger

It had been two weeks since you had metLeon and during these two weeks you saw each other again in personwhen you were visiting Professor Magnolia to begin your officialstart through the Galar region with your family. You met the elderlylady, the professor herself, her granddaughter Sonia and Hop, theyounger brother of Leon. Back then in the Slumbering Weald you hadonly seen Hop briefly, but when you met again in the laboratory yougot to know each other properly.

Mamoru was currently awaywith President Rose, to whom he wanted to demonstrate a newlydeveloped technology that would make it possible to teleport peopleover a very long distance. This process should be environmentallyfriendly and affordable, which is why the prospective professor eveninvited your father, Professor [L/n] from Amila, to Galar to win Roseas a financial sponsor. After all, Rose was also concerned about theenvironment and energy supply and with these arguments, Mamoru wantedto convince with his invention.

You, on the other hand, were inHammerlocke with Sonia. This city was known for the fact that themythology about the creation of the Galar region by two unknown kingsoriginated there. Every historian visits the old "castle"in Hammerlocke for his research and of course you were alsointerested in finding out more about this region.

"And hereyou can see another mosaic. It shows a sword and a shield. These aresaid to have been the weapons with which the kings saved this landfrom disaster. Unfortunately I couldn't decipher all the crypticletters yet, but I think the disaster had something to do withdynamaxing .. ", Sonia explained and crossed her armsthoughtfully.

"Why do you think that?", You wantedto know and looked at the mosaic for a while. You couldn't figure itall out.

"This shimmering reddish light, in front of thekings .. That could be a Dynamax light column, don't you think so?",the orange-haired woman asked.

"Mhm. I've already heardabout it, but to be honest, I haven't seen any of these pillars oflight in person, so ... I have no idea. ", You answered.

"Youdidn't? Oh, that's easy to change. The Wild Area borders on thiscity. We can ask Raihan to give you a little demonstration in a wilddynamax fight. "

"Raihan?"

"The gym leader of this city. And achildhood friend of Leon and me. ", Sonia said and saw youstiffen for a moment. "..Is everything alright?", She spokeirritated and blinked perplexed.

"Huh? Yes of course..!!Haha. I didn't even know that you knew Leon that well. ", Yousmiled somewhat troubled and waved her off. "And .. Raihan, Leonand you .. you were really good friends?",You asked. Soniablinked even more and tilted her head slightly.

"Err ...we are still good friends?", She said and noticed how you weregetting a little tense.

"And .. is there .. somehow morebetween you? So .. I mean .. uhm .. boyfriend-girlfriend like ..? ",you mumbled.

"No, Raihan and I are not lovers.",Sonia laughed and you sighed softly, because you didn't mean Raihanat all. Now the assistant professor suddenly became aware ofsomething. "Oh. No, there is absolutely nothing going on betweenLeon and me, if that worries you. ", She giggled andwinked.

"Uh .. Uhm why should that worry me? Haha. I'veonly known him for two weeks. "

"Then why are you blushing?"

"I'm not blushing at all ..!"

"..."

Sonia shook her head in amusement andcleared her throat. "No, really now. Leon and I are just friends.No more and no less. I have no romantic interest in him. And he hasnone in me. ", She assured you.

"..."

You didn't wanted to admit it, but thisconfirmation calmed you down a bit and you could have slappedyourself for feeling that way ..