CHAPTER 7

Still Maxon's PoV (this might be a short chapter)

Gered and I are still sleeping as this loud beeping sound goes off. I wake up and look around confused. It's not a rebel alarm...and then I notice it's one of Americas machines going off. Gered is awake now. Doctors and nurses run to America, pushing me and Gered away. I see a doctor doing CPR. Getting worried, I put Gered down and tell him to go get his mom as I try to push my way back to America.

"Let me see her! Please!" I start to get angry. A stronger doctor pushes me away and stays with me. "Please she needs me." I beg him to let me see her.

The doctor looks back to America and then back to me. He nods. He lets me get closer to America and I take her hand. It's colder then usual.

I now notice the tears running down my face. "America...my dear...please don't go." I keep begging her to stay.

A few minutes later the doctor calls it. He says the time out loud and it makes me cry harder. She's gone...

"Your Majesty we have to put her back on life support for the baby, but she won't make it. I'm sorry."

The doctors and nurses leave once they set her up. I hear a loud cry behind me to see Americas mom on the ground crying. The rest of her family are with her crying as well, I can tell a nurse just told them. I then see Aspen walk in. He has tears running down his face. He quietly comes over to America and kisses her forehead "I love you, America. Tell your father I say hi." he whispers and then leaves.

I sit there in silence holding her hand with both of mine. "America...my dear, I'm so sorry that this happened...I promise to take care of our son or daughter." I whisper. "I love you, my dear. Forever and always." I kiss her hand gently.

I look down at the floor. My tears fall off my face hitting the ground, there's going to be a puddle before I leave. A few minutes later I hear a small cough. And then another. I look up to America who is coughing more and more. I quickly stand up "He-Hey! Help her! What's happening?!" I ask. America coughs more and more. When doctors finally come, they take the tubes out of her mouth and she breaths. She actually breaths! I kiss her forehead. Color starts to come back to her face.

"I'm not your dear..." she faintly whispers. I bend down and kiss her. My beautiful America smiles. When I pull back I sit beside her.

"I'm so so sorry, America." I say. She opens her eyes and smiles up at me saying it's okay. Her family join us. Their tears of sadness turn to tears of joy. For about ten minutes we all cry and talk. Then a nurse says she should get some rest. I'm about to leave when America stops me.

"Ma...Maxon." she says weakly. "C-can you stay with me?" she stutters. "I can't usually sleep wit-without you." I nod. America moves over so I can lay down next to her, wrapping my arms around her. We then fall asleep together.

-----***-----

Americas PoV

I look below me to see Maxon screaming my name, doctors trying to save me.

"It's okay." a voice says behind me. I turn around to see my father.

"Dad." I whisper.

"Hello kitten. I'm so proud of you." he says.

"I haven't changed anything."

"But things will change." He reaches out his hand. "Come with me." I go to take it, but pull my hand away before.

"No..." I look at him. "No I can't leave Maxon or my family now. I can't. I won't." I state stubbornly.

"I knew you would say something like that." He smiles. "Then go, I'll be here waiting when you finally come. Go back to Maxon." He comes and gives me a quick hug before disappears. My breath catches and then I return to Maxon.

I start coughing more and more until the doctors take the tubes out of my mouth. I take a huge breath. It feels amazing.

"I'm not your dear..." I faintly whisper. Maxon bends down and kisses me. I smile. When he pulls back he sits beside me.

"I'm so so sorry, America." He says. I opens my eyes and smile up at him saying it's okay. My family join us. I feel so bad for the hell I must have put them through. For about ten minutes we all talk but mostly cry. Then a nurse says that I should get some rest. I agree with her feeling exhausted. My family leaves first and then Maxon turns to leave but I stop him.

"Ma...Maxon." I say weakly. "C-can you stay with me?" i stutter. "I can't usually sleep wit-without you." He nods and smiles. I move over so he can lay down next to me. It hurts a lot to move, but I do it anyways trying not to show pain. He wraps his arms around me. He warm, strong arms, the safety of them. I missed him so much. We then fall asleep together.
******
DA DA DAAAA I don't know what to say... the next chapter might fast forward a bit

Edited: Reading over all this makes me cringe but I'm not going to change it much because I'm not up for it so here's this chapter now edited :)