Chapter 4

"Hi Kayla!" I said with fake enthusiasm. She was followed by her group of idiots. 

"Is this your dad?" She asked. 

"Nah. It's Joey."I said. He waved to them.

"And would Joey be...your older brother then?" 

"My sister's friend and also my neighbor." 

"Your sister's boyfriend?" Her voice was so annoying. She talked like the was insulting me with every word. 

"No. Just one of her best friend." 

"Mhm. And do your parents know you are hanging around your sister's friends?" Kayla smirked. 

"Yes, actually they left them to take care of me." I explained as vaguely as I could. 

"And they took off forever and don't care about you?" She talked down to me like I was a baby. 

"My mom did at least." 

"You should hang out with us, you know, instead of adults." 

"You know, Kayla, thanks AGAIN for the offer. But AGAIN, I'm going to have to pass. I'm already doing stuff." I said politely. 

"You can go hang out with them!" Joey said. 

"No. I have to get lunch with Phoebe in like 30 minutes. Bye." I turned to them with the last word. They walked away. 

"Why didn't you go with them?" Asked Joey once they were gone. 

"I hate them so much." I told him. "They're called 'The Good Time Girls' around school because they do drugs and drink and that kind of stuff. They're 15!!" 

"If they ever come near you again I'll kill 'em!" He yelled. 

"Don't worry about it. I hate them. They only want me to come because most of the boys in my grade are obsessed with me. They want the boys to hang out with them. And I must be really pretty in high school world because my clothes are not nearly as nice as theirs." 

Don't worry about them. You're awesome. Just keep being yourself. They're stupid." Joey smiled at me. 

"Thanks Joey. So much" I smiled.  

"I see Pheebs! Let's go catch her before she gets into our building. PHEEBS! PHEEBS!!" 

"JOEY! JOEY!" She yelled back at him. 

"Can I come to lunch too with you guys?" He asked her. 

"Of course! Let's go! What should we get?" Phoebe questioned. 

----------

Once we decided on the place Monica is a chef at, it was packed. She must be so busy today. 

"I want chicken and fries!" I said, not even looking at the menu. 

"Well you decide fast." Phoebe said. 

"Monica makes the best! I'm not a picky eater but still, Monica makes the best chicken and fries!" 

Both of them laughed. The waitress came around and asked what drinks we wanted and we all ordered water. Phoebe was going to get a salad and Joey was going to get the double burger special. He asked for a side of steak too. He's a big eater clearly. 

"I'm going to run to the bathroom. If the waitress comes back, tell her my order." He said, and ran off. 

When the waitress came, Phoebe started. "I'm going to get the garden salad. I like salad. I'm a vegetarian." She said to the waitress. 

"Okay. One garden salad." When I didn't tell the waitress my order assuming Phoebe was going to say it, she asked: "What about your daughter and your husband?" 

We both broke down laughing. 

"Oh no. I'm not her daughter. And he's not her husband. I'm her friend's daughter and Joey is one of her other close friends." I laughed. "But I'll have chicken and fries please." 

"You look familiar. Where have I seen you?" She asked, looking at me hard. 

"I don't know. Where?" 

"CHEF GELLER! Oh you look just like the chef here. Wow." 

"I'm her sister!" I told the waitress. 

"Well you have a phenominal cook for a sister." And she started to walm away. 

"Miss? Can I order the two burger special with a side of steak for my friend?" Phoebe e asked. 

"Yep." And she walked away. 

"Joey! Guess what!" Phoebe said once he got back to the table. 

"WHat?" 

"The waitress thought we were married! Isn't that funny?" 

"I wanna be married!" 

"What if we pretend to be married for the whole week! Like do married stuff together! And if we like it we can actually get married!" Phoebe suggested. 

"That's an awesome idea!" said Joey. 

"Isn't it?" 

"Ellie--"Phoebe started.

"I think this would be a fun idea. But no, Pheebs. I'm not going to be your daughter." I laughed. 

"Aw. Okay." 

maybe I should have let her be my fake mom. Maybe it would fill the empty spot in my heart, even for just the week.