Chapter 5

"Oh Ellie I'm exhausted." Rachel said walking in and plopping on the couch next to me. 

"They work you hard at the coffee house huh." I said. 

"Yes they do. You should have came down." She told me. 

"I didn't want to bother you. And Monica told me you do better when your friends aren't around." 

"Your sister is a liar. It's boring when my friends aren't around!" 

"But do you get more done?" 

"I guess." 

"See!" 

"I was going to take you shopping today but to honest I'm too tired." She told me. 

"Rachel don't worry about it. I have enough clothes. That reminds me I have to do my laundry. I'll be back." I said and headed to my room to get my laundry. I hadn't done it for a few weeks before I got here, and Monica would probably kill me if she knew that. 

"I'll come with you." Rachel said grabbing her laundry from her room. 

She paid for me to do my laundry and when I pulled it out I I saw that a few of my shirts had holes in them. 

"This is pathetic Ellie. We are going shopping tomorrow." Rachel told me as we headed back upstairs. 

"Sounds good. Remember I have school tomorrow though." 

"Ew. School. I hated that place." We both laughed. 

"Rach?" 

"What's up?" 

"Thank you." 

"For what?" We had finally made it up the stairs  and into our apartment. 

"Helping me with my laundry. And talking to me. I've gotten so much today! Phoebe bought me chicken and fries, Joey played football with me and now I get to hang out with you! This is amazing." I couldn't stop smiling. 

"Well don't worry. This is how it is every day. You can come down to the coffee house whenever you want to talk to me. And Joey normally doesn't do much. And All of us are off on weekends so you can spend them with us too." 

"This is the awesome-ist ever!" I jumped up with excitement. 

Rachel smiled warmly at me. "It's going to be the best." 

 "Rach?" 

"What's wrong?" 

"Did Monica tell you..."

"She told me a bit of it...you think I wouldn't ask why you were living with us? 

"But the whole thing? Did she tell you that?" 

"Not really, no." 

"Sit down. I'll tell you." I sat down on the couch shoulder to shoulder with her and told her everything.