Chapter 5: Jealousy

"Get away from Irumi-sama!" The boy from the Asmodeus Family demanded as he tries to pull Irumi away from Sabro Sabnock, the Nephew of the Thunder Lord, Baal, while forming a fireball in his free hand.
"Irumi came to me on her own accords. Thou shalt not be too jealous about it Rival." Sabro laughed as he mocked the shorter boy, as he enjoyed the attention of the girl who is curiously poking his biceps.

Pause. Let us rewind a little to see what caused the current scene where Irumi is interested in Sabro's muscle mass(?), while Alice and Sabro is bickering.

It was another fair day where Irumi accompanied Sullivan and Opera to visit the Babel Tower, as time has passed since her first time visiting the tower, her presence at the 13 Crowns Dinner has become expected, since Sullivan just couldn't help himself to pamper the girl with all the food that is available at the feast.

To the other 13 Crowns, Delkira is just a single man who has taken Irumi as his god-daughter as he has taken a liking to Irumi because he doesn't have children of his own. (*Delkira took it as an opportunity to coddle Irumi in public without having to expose her true Identity) They didn't know about the true relationship between Delkira and Irumi, despite how it is painfully obvious that Delkira look at the girl with endearing eyes, since Sullivan had told Irumi not to call Delkira as her father in front of the others.

But today was slightly different. The Young master of the Asmodeus Family had accompanied his mother, the Lady of Lust, to the 13 Crowns dinner, because of a promise between the two.
'Alice-chan~ If you be good and behave during the party today, I'll bring you to the 13 Crown Dinner to meet Irumi-sama. You can have a private dinner with her. Just you and Irumi-sama~' Amaryllis said to the frowning boy, which instantly cause the boy to brighten up and smiled a faux smile. 'Anything you say Mother. Please remember your promise!'

Not only that, the Thunder Lord had to babysit his nephew, Sabnock Sabro, because his brother was hiding in his room once again, endlessly creating weapons, and no one could handle the temper of Sabro except his favorite Uncle. Which was why Sabro was also at the 13 Crowns Dinner.

The meeting of the 3 children literally made time freeze in the meeting room, as all the adult's attention was on them, wondering what they would do.

Irumi was happy to meet Alice again, and at the same time nervous to make friend with Sabro, since he was almost twice her height and it was a little intimidating for a 4 year old.
Alice was excited to have some time again with Irumi again, however he was pissed because this was not what his mother had promised. This tall brute was not meant to be here in the deal.
On the other hand, Sabro was intrigued by how tiny the girl is. He was literally wondering if he could pick her up with just one hand. He honestly would have like to tested out his strength if it wasn't for a the prickly pink boy glaring and hissing at him everytime he tries to interact with the girl.

"You are so tall and big! You must be strong!" Irumi gathered all her courage to walk over to Sabro and speak up as she was getting a little fidgety at the tense silence. Her action surprising Alice and Sabro.
"O-Oh Of course I am. I want to be Strong like Delkira-sama. I'm so strong that I will protect thou if thou ever faces danger." Sabro said before chuckling softly. He liked it when people talk about his strength. It is something he is proud of, since he had worked hard towards his goal.
"No! I am the one to protect Irumi-sama!" Alice stated growling at the taller boy, sparks flew between the 2, a million fight occurring in their mind. The imaginary fight was cut off when Sabro broke the staring contest with Alice when he felt Irumi curiously poked his biceps.
"I-irumi-sama?" Alice's voice exasperate, a part of him was boiling in his pride fire. He didn't like it when Irumi's attention is on another guy. He didn't like it at all. He just want Sabro to disappear.

And that is how we got here. Alice trying to pull Irumi away from Sabro while also doing his best not to hurt or injure the girl in the process, while threatening the taller boy with his fireballs.

"Oh my. Irumi-chan is such a cute and popular girl, even at her age." Delkira laughed. but he wasn't actually laughing. It was more like a threat disguised as a laugh. Chills ran down the spines of all the adults who understood the demon king's hidden meaning.
"W-well, Alice-chan that's enough no?" Amaryllis said, sweatdropping ever so slightly, fearing that Delkira might be upset that her son is trying to court after his god-daughter.
"But Mother!-" Alice was about to retort when he was cut off by a loud growl.
"O-oops? Something smelled really yummy...." Irumi blushed as she shyly looked down on the floor as everyone started to giggle at her cuteness.
"I guess that means that its meal time! We can't have our cutie Irumi go hungry. Can we?" Behemolt said, while he puts away his bucket of food and prepared himself for the feast.
"Just say you are hungry too." Paimon said as she sipped on the tea in her tea cup. The small smile of hers was hidden by the teacup, as she chuckled at Irumi's cute ethics.

"Irumi, come sit here with me." Sabro took the chance when Alice was distracted to pull Irumi into his arms, leading her towards the 2 empty seats between baal  and Sullivan. A smirk on his face obviously targeted towards Alice, as if taunting him.
Alice couldn't help but grit his teeth and stomped back to his seat next to Amaryllis which was directly opposite of Irumi's.

The feast began, and everyone began eating. The plates in front of Irumi slowly piled up as Sullivan keeps asking the servant to bring in more food for Irumi.
Sabro who is sitting on the other side of Irumi watched as Irumi happily ate whatever was placed in front of her, Alice who was sitting in front of her watched her with loving eyes, as though no one else was around.
Watching the sight, another idea popped in Sabro's head. He leaned in to gently help Irumi wipe the sauce off her cheeks with his finger, before he licked the said sauce off his finger, "Irumi, Thou art such messy eater." He said with a small laugh, as he eyed and watch Alice's reaction. The boy was practically fuming. It brings Sabro so much joy to watch Alice's reaction, while at the same time getting closer with Irumi, he didn't notice the death glare thrown at him by Delkira, Sullivan and Opera.

The girl brings peace to his heart, her little smile when she thank Sabro for helping her wipe her cheeks, tugged at his heart strings. A small blush subconsciously grew on his cheeks.

When the Feast ended, Irumi who spent all her energy on eating, fell asleep and everyone thinks it is the perfect time to end the 13 Crown Dinner. Sullivan and Opera said they good byes to Delkira and quickly left for their home so they can tuck Irumi in her comfortable bed.
The other 13 Crowns were all slowly leaving the babel tower. But before Alice left with Amaryllis, he stomped up to Sabro.

"You may be bigger, But I will prove that I am stronger. I am the one to be Irumi-sama's knight." He huffed before he turned on his heels and left with Amaryllis, their trip back home was all Alice complaining to Amaryllis and how the deal isn't valid so he demands Amaryllis to plan another dinner party for him and Irumi.

Sabro didn't have the chance to speak since Alice left after throwing his words at him, but he smirked and laughed sliently. "I won't lose Asmodeus. Thou art my Rival. For strength, rank and the attention of Irumi."

~~~~~~

Irumi age 4, has attained another suitor(?) and friend(?)

~~~~~~
Author's note: this chapter is mainly Asmodeus' chapter xD hope you guys like it! This is totally rushed so its a little short compared to the other chapters (so so sorry ;-;) and its also not beta read, so please Forgive me if there are typo errors or grammer errors!