Chapter 7: Irumi's New Year in Netherworld

Author's note: The way yall are still here waiting for this fanfic is making me cry.
I think it has been more than a year or maybe even close to 2 years that I didn't update ;-; 
I have been so busy and I kept having writer's block. Every time I pick it up, I just don't know how to continue the story. But I promise I will try to write more in future!

Thank you for always being here and encouraging me to continue!
Also Happy New Year to everyone!

As always, I apologize in advance if there are any spelling/grammar mistakes as I am rushing and I do not have time to Beta Read, and also apologies if the quality was not as good as you think or if it was too short!

Otherwise, please enjoy this new chapter!

~~~~~~

Today is last day of the year.
Just like in the Human world, Citizens of the Netherworld also enjoys celebrating the coming of the new year, it is the time where they can take pride in their achievements which serves as a reminder for them to strive and be better demons than who they were in the past year.

It is even more so in the Sullivan Mansion.
"- And so these are all the wonderful achievements that Irumi has done during this year! She is the sweetest, smartest, loveliest little demon, isn't she?" Sullivan said towards the little crowd of friends and family with pride as he held Irumi up, like the scene where Rafiki presents Simba to the animals in Pride Land in Lion King, before letting her go when she started struggling while trying to wiggle out of his grip. And at the same time, Opera-san was holding a list of Irumi's Achievements, so long that it was still dragging on the floor when Opera was flying till his head was touching the ceiling. 

Looking closer at the list, a lot of the listed accomplishments were nothing more than Sullivan's biased praises towards the young demon, such as 'Being the cutest', and 'Calling me Grandpa', most of which Asmodeus gladly agreed to. 
Among all the biased words, it was rather obvious which ones were written by Opera, things like 'Irumi-sama learnt to fly on her own' and 'Irumi-sama tamed Kalego-kun'. Although the latter was denied by a not-very-convincing-Kalego, who has Irumi sitting on his lap during the little bicker.

"Everyone really likes Irumi-chi!" Clara popped up out of nowhere and clung onto her little best friend and snuggled against her, earning the glares of the very envious Asmodeus Alice and a rather annoyed Kalego who does not like other kids.

"And Irumi really likes everyone too!" Irumi said with the brightest smile none other can muster, despite having a long stripe of whipped cream smudge on her soft cheeks, evidence of her stealing bites from the cakes that Opera made. The sight was truly so adorable that everyone in the room cooed and melted at the cuteness of the innocent little demon.

While everyone was still fawning over Irumi, a loud rumble from the earth under their feet alarmed them, as they saw a large shadow towering over them from outside the windows. 
Prepared to fight, Opera opened the door cautiously only to find the Master of the Shrieking Valley perched in front of the mansion while holding a little box at its beak, along with its child sitting on the top of its head. 

When it saw Opera, it gently placed the box on the ground in front of the cat demon and looked towards Irumi who is staring from inside the mansion. It appears that as a token of appreciation for saving its child, the Master has brought a New Years Gift for Irumi. 

"Open it open it!" Clara ran over and picked up the box before scattering back to Irumi, acting like a busy little postman delivering a parcel.

Opening the little package, Irumi pulled out what seems like a whistle, except for the fact that when she blew into the item it did not make any sound, making her tilt her head in confusion.

Baram noticed how the Master and its child perked up when Irumi blew into the whistle, as if they heard something alarming, but they soon calmed down and silently flew off in satisfaction. He smiled at their action when he figured out what the gift was about.

"Irumi-chan, please do not use that whistle unless you are in absolute danger and no one is around you. I believe it is a magical item that produces sounds which only the Master of the Shrieking Valley and its child can hear. They will come flying to you when you use it." Baram explained.

"How did you know, Baram-kun?" Opera asked while raising his eyebrows slightly.

"I have read about a magical item like that, not only that, the sounds produced differs from demon to demon, that's why I think the Master was waiting for Irumi-chan to test the whistle so they can remember the sound when Irumi-chan is using the item."

"That is so cool! The master is like Irumi-chi's new pet now!" Clara squealed and clapped in glee.
"As expected of Irumi-sama." Asmodeus clapped along but in a more graceful manner.

'I think Irumi might have a pair of rather powerful potential familiars waiting to be tamed.'  Kalego smirked at the thought, the obvious pride overflowing from him.

Irumi, aged 4, in the past year has acquired a new family, new home, new friends, new pet, and now a potential familiar.