Happy Valentine's Day, Babe

This takes place between chapters 52 & 53 of the the main story Lights Out

NS

Sasuke sat in his dorm room, studying alone. It was Valentine's Day and he had yet to see much of Naruto. It wasn't as if he cared much for the holiday, he just figured that Naruto would want to spend it together. He knew that the blonde didn't have class and they didn't work, as they never did on Mondays, so it just made him wonder where he was. 'He's here every other day, but on Valentine's Day, he's nowhere to be found? The idiot probably has no idea what day it is,' Sasuke thought as he stared down at the same page he'd been staring at for the past hour.

There was a knock on the door, which Sasuke found odd seeing that most people he knew were celebrating Valentine's Day in one-way or another. "Coming," he said as he got up. He opened the door to see his lab partner, Haru, standing in front of him. "What are you doing here?" Sasuke asked, confused by the other boy's presence. 'How did he know which dorm room was mine?' Sasuke wondered. He didn't remember telling him which room he was in, only that he was staying in the dorms.

"I just wanted to bring you some Valentine's Day cookies, I'm giving some to all of my friends," Haru explained. He looked around and didn't see Naruto, "Where's the boyfriend?"

"I'm not sure," Sasuke admitted, a little disappointed.

'Maybe now he'll see that I'm better boyfriend material than that other guy,' Haru thought, not even bothering to remember Naruto's name. "Oh, well, if he doesn't show up, call me. I wouldn't want you to have to be alone on Valentine's Day," he smiled.

"Will do, thanks," Sasuke said with a small smile before he closed the door. 'Well, that was strange,' he thought as he looked at the closed door. 'That moron better remember,' Sasuke said to himself as he started to glare at the door.

NS

Kurama officially hated Valentines Day. First his little brother called him for advice, because somehow Naruto's love life was going far better than his own. Then, he walks into a stupid crowded coffee shop to see hearts everywhere and couples at every turn.

He was trying to make his way through the crowd when a guy ran into him. Kurama spilled most of his coffee all over himself. "Watch where you're going," the other man said harshly.

"Me? You're the one that should be watching where they're going," Kurama snapped back. He was really not in the mood to deal with some asshole.

They glared at each other for a moment before recognizing each other. They'd seen each other a few times at the Uchiha Corporation offices. Kurama recognized him as Itachi's hot assistant.

"You work with Itachi," the man stated. "I've seen you around the office lately," he clarified.

"Yeah, I'm working with him on a project," Kurama said a little bitterly as he thought about the awkwardness between him and Itachi since the project started. It didn't help that Itachi's boyfriend wouldn't seem to allow them to be alone ever. "My name's Kurama by the way," he said as he held out his hand.

"I'm Shukaku," he replied as he shook Kurama's hand. "I'm Itachi's assistant, hence why I'm out on Valentines Day. The asshole sent me on a coffee run for him and his stupid lover," Shukaku rolled his eyes. It was obvious he didn't have a high opinion of Kisame.

"Are you heading back to the office?" Kurama asked, to which he received a nod as a reply. "I'm heading there right now too, we could walk together," he suggested. 'And then I can get to know you better,' he thought with a smirk as he eyes roamed the other man's body.