You Love Me

Takes place between Lights Out and All or Nothing. This is what happened between Suigetsu and Kiba during that time. 

Suigetsu could feel something was wrong when Kiba came home. The brunet was quieter than usual, as if he were struggling with something internally. Suigetsu was pretty sure he knew what it was about just by the look on his face. It was something he had been struggling with ever since Kiba's parents had found out they were dating. Kiba's parents acted as if they were okay with Kiba dating another man, but in reality they had been trying to break them up from the start.

He walked into the bedroom where he found Kiba silently sitting on the bed. He didn't even have the TV on as background noise, he was just sitting in silence with his thoughts. "Everything okay? You seem a little out of it," Suigetsu was hesitant to even ask as he sat next to his boyfriend. He had a feeling that he didn't want to know the answer.

His words seemed to snap Kiba out of his thoughts. "We need to talk," he told him with a frown. His heart broke a little as he saw the look on Suigetsu's face. He looked away, not being able to stand the hurt in his eyes.

Suigetsu got up from his spot, having heard the four words he'd never wanted to hear. "You're seriously doing this?" he asked as he held back the tears that were threatening to fall. "Don't say what I think you're going to say," there was a crack in his voice. He hoped it was a misunderstanding, but the way Kiba wouldn't look at him told him everything he needed to know.

"I'm sorry," Kiba said softly, trying not to look Suigetsu in the eyes. He wasn't sure he to handle seeing the other man cry. "We've hat a lot of fun together, but I've realized that maybe we're more friends than we are boyfriends," he told him, making Suigetsu's heart turn colder than the December night. "I thought I was bi, but I think it was more experimenting than anything else. I was confused and we had fun, but we were never meant t be anything more than friends," he dared to look up at the other man, hating the look on his now ex-boyfriend's face. "I love you, just not the way I should as a boyfriend. I'm doing this for you, it's not fair to lead you on. This way you can move on and find someone that loves you like you deserve," he reached out to try to comfort the other man only to be pushed away. "I was hoping we could still be friends."

"Don't touch me," Suigetsu said coldly. "And don't you dare say you love me in any way. You don't love me and you're not doing this for me. You're doing it for your family. You're doing it because Aimi told you it's what you should do," he was trying not to break down. "I'm not as dumb as you clearly think I am," he shook his head. "I know you're going to go to her," he was trying to remain strong, but it was difficult considering the felt as if his heart had just been ripped out of his chest and stomped on until it was torn to shreds. "Just tell me one thing honestly, did you cheat on me with her?" he had to know. He didn't want to believe that Kiba would do that to him, but he couldn't help but wonder.

Kiba thought about his conversation with Aimi earlier that day. Suigetsu wasn't wrong, Aimi told him it was the right thing to do. She was the one that told him he was just leading Suigetsu on, but he agreed with her. "I promise I never cheated on you. This has nothing to do with Aimi," he told him, not even believing himself. "I'm not going to run to her."

Suigetsu tried to hold back tears as he packed his bag, ready to get as far away from Kiba as he could. "You might not to be tonight, but you will," he told him, knowing exactly what would happen. He knew that the woman had something to do with it. Kiba's parents had been trying to get him together with her ever since they met her and she was encouraging it.

"Why are you packing?" Kiba asked dumbly. He hadn't expected Suigetsu to leave.

"You said you aren't going to her," Suigetsu said, his voice accusatory. "If that's the case then where will you go?" he asked as he continued to pack his things. "You can't go to Naruto's house, Sasuke would kill you," he pointed out. Even if Kiba did have somewhere to go, Suigetsu didn't want to stay where they had lived together as a couple.