Ramah Reminiscing

Ramah POV (point of view)

       Ramah looked at her husband. The man who, for so many years she had hoped and longed to marry. For years he had awkwardly shown his love to her in different ways, trying to find the right words but they always came out in a confusing way. She found it adorable.
That, and how he always got so nervous around her, no matter how long they were together.
  Then, one day, in the same way and with her father's hard earned permission, he asked her to be his wife.
Of course she said yes.

She remembered the wedding as vividly as if it had been yesterday, though years had passed.
He always looked amazing to her in his colored robe, but seeing him dressed in white was so beautiful to see. She still remembered the tears in his eyes and the pure joy on his face when she took his hands in hers. The celebration was the most wonderful thing; Jesus was there, along with all the disciples.
  Andrew had attempted to brush up on his dancing skills but failed miserably in front of all the guests. It made for the perfect entertainment.
   And Mary, her best friend helped calm her nerves and dress her beautifully. Her fingers intricately braided Ramah's hair into a beautiful style, and decorated her hair and dress with tiny white flowers.

It was the perfect day.

Now, here they were in India. Jesus told the disciples to "Go and Tell", and that's exactly what they did.
Thomas was getting ready to preach to the people of India, and Ramah stood with him for a few moments before he went before them.

"A shekel for your thoughts?"
She looked up into his dark brown eyes that she always got lost in every time.

  "It's nothing. I was just remembering our wedding day." She smiled sheepishly.

"Nothing? What do you mean nothing?" He asked, a teasing look in his eyes.

She dropped her gaze and pressed her forehead to his chest. She stroked his belly, in exactly the spot she had no idea he would later be stabbed in.
He rested his chin on her head.

"Ramah, I'm nervous. We are in dangerous territory. What if something happens to you?" He whispered into her hair.

  "Oh Thomas, I'll be fine." she reassured him, though her heart rate quickened. He said nothing more.
Then she felt a rush of emotions all at once. What if something did happen? What if they were to die here?
She did what she always did when she felt this way: wrapped her arms tightly around his waist.
She could feel his heavy breathing slow. She closed her eyes and rested her head against his chest. Taking in the moment. Feeling the rise and fall of his breaths.
She felt safe in his arms. She always felt small, but having a big, strong and tall protector made her feel so comforted.
She looked up at him. "You're going to do just fine," she said.

He pulled out of her embrace, his hands still gripping her shoulders, and placed a kiss on her forehead. Then her lips. She let go of him, and he walked out to the people of India.