6. Power Shortage

"Digger!" Riley screamed as she watched her best friend and the love of her life fall to the ground with a knife sticking out of his chest.

Riley let out a growl of anger as she held her hands up and forced of ball of electricity to shoot from her hands and take the monsters out. She didn't even have time to admire her powerful skills as she ran to Boomerang.

"Dig." Riley whimpered out as she knelt next to her best friend.

Diggers eyes shot open as he left out a groan. He quickly grabbed the knife and yanked it out, causing Riley's eyes to widen and her jaw to hit the floor. He chuckled at the knife which had impaled a stack of money.

"You idiot! I thought you were really hurt!" She yelled, going to smack his chest but it came out much weaker than she expected. Digger watched her as her eyes suddenly began to droop as if she was on the verge of passing out. He immediately knew what was happening.

"Here we are." Digger led Riley out to a large empty field off the side of the road. They were basically in the middle of nowhere. Except for a lone gas station sitting a little ways down.

Riley had begged Digger to take her somewhere off the grid where she could play around with her powers. All she knew how to do was grab something and fry it with her touch. She wanted to learn if she could do more.

"Don't rush it, love. Okay?" Boomer encouraged the girl. He was trying to remind her that it may not come that easily to her just yet.

She had practiced for hours. Digger had been trying to talk her into leaving for over an hour because it was now dark outside. Not to mention he could see her blood was beginning to boil by her inability.

"Darling, I know ya don't wanna hear it. But I think it's time we should go." Digger tried once again.

"No! No! No! I can do this! I have to do this!" Riley screamed, angrily. She slammed her fists down at her sides and electricity shot down and burnt two holes into the ground.

She stopped as she realized what she had done. And that's when she felt it. The power surging from her arms and down to her hands. She held her hand up and watched as she held up a ball of electricity.

An excited laugh erupted beside of her. "Look at that! Ya doin' it!" Digger grinned like an idiot.

Riley's eyes focused on a lone tree in the middle of the field. Her eyes flicked from the ball in her hands to the tree. Diggers eyes widened as he caught on and he took a giant step back. With all her might she leaned back and threw the ball of electricity at the tree. The pair were filled with amazement as the ball hit the tree, lighting it up with purple bolts, and leaving it dead and covered in ashes.

Digger was full of excitement as he couldn't contain his laughter. He looked over to the girl next to him and watched as her face fell. She grabbed her head and fell to her knees.

"Hey, hey, hey. Ya okay? What's wrong?" Digger was quick to rush over to her and scoop her up into his arms.

"I'm drained, Dig." She spoke, eyes falling shut as her head fell onto his chest.

"What ya mean? What do I do?" Digger was panicking as his mind was racing.

"I need more electricity."

With that Digger rushed her over to the gas station down the road. Without being seen, he snuck them to the back of the building, thankfully finding an electrical panel back there. He yanked the door open and found all the wires in tact.