8. The Truth

Rain began falling from the sky as the group looked on wide eyed at the chaos that just occurred in front of them.

"Riley." Digger tried getting Riley's attention. Her eyes were still glued to the chopper on the ground. He felt some relief though as her eyes returned to their hazel color.

"Was that you!?! Did you kill her?" Rick Flag yelled as he marched over to stand in front of Riley. It wasn't until Flag got directly in her face that she finally averted her eyes from the plane crash.

"Hey! Back off, mate!" Digger yelled as he went to grab Flag but found a gun pointed in his face by another soldier. All of the soldiers quickly followed, half of them pointing their guns at the squad, the other half only at Riley.

"Why do you care if she's dead?" Riley sighed, all of her anger had disappeared.

"Cause she's the boss." Flag replied sternly.

"Yeah? And she's a real bitch." Riley argued back.

"If we go down there and I find her dead, you're done." He pointed to his neck, signaling to the nanite that would kill her.

"Whatever." Riley rolled her eyes before heading to the staircase.

"Are ya okay? Ya tired?" Digger questioned as he ran up beside of Riley. After using her powers that strongly he was sure she would be drained.

"I'm fine, Dig." She answered, knowing it was her anger that fueled her powers.

"Ya wanna talk about that? That was a show ya put on, love. Ya can control lightning!" Digger chuckled, excited by Riley's new powers.

Riley came to a halt and turned to Digger with an annoyed expression. "I was furious. I still am. She killed Harley." Riley turned and began walking again before mumbling, "they'll kill all of us."

The entire group exited the building in utter silence. They had to admit, they were all hoping they would find Amanda Waller dead. But then they would be left to see if Flag would stay true to his word and kill Riley.

"Harley." Riley whispered, loud enough for the criminals to hear and look up. Harley Quinn was sitting on top of a police car in the middle of the pouring rain.

"Hey guys! I missed you all so much!" Harley yelled joyfully, though everyone knew it was forced.

"You're alive!" Riley smiled, walking over to Harley and helping her off the car.

"It's felt like ages since I've seen you all! You and Boomer get hitched yet?" Harley smiled teasingly at Riley. The group didn't miss the way Riley's cheeks turned red, or the way Digger looked at the ground with a big smile on his face.

Harley chuckled and pulled Riley in for a tight hug. "I'm sorry, Harls." She spoke sympathetically.

"It's okay, suga. I'll be okay." Harley smiled as they pulled apart.

"Let's see your fate, Tucker." Flag called as he directed the group over to the fallen helicopter.

"Well, well, well. Looks like you got lucky. For now." Flag spoke as he looked into the empty helicopter. "Gear up!" He yelled to the others.

Deadshot and Riley were the only ones left inside of the helicopter as they searched for ammunition and more weapons.

"Hey, what's that?" Riley spoke, pointing to the binder sitting next to Deadshot. She walked over to stand next to him as he opened it. Inside were pictures of a powerful woman, who clearly had a relationship with Flag as there were pictures of the two of them together.

"Holy shit. I knew that bitch was a liar." Deadshot growled. Riley couldn't believe what she was seeing on the paper in front of her.

"C'mon." Deadshot slammed the binder and stormed out of the helicopter, Riley hot on his heels.

Digger was following the soldiers as they began walking before he noticed a presence missing from his side. He suddenly looked around before noticing Riley and Deadshot walking rather furiously out of the helicopter. Before he had time to question it, Deadshot threw the binder into a car next to Flag.

"You tell everybody everything! Or I'm gonna let her light your ass up right now!" Deadshot yelled at Flag, pointing a finger at Riley who was fuming, her eyes shining purple.

Flag let out a sigh and ran a hand down his face in defeat. "Three days ago, a non-human entity appeared in the subway station. So Waller sent me and a woman with incredible abilities. The Enchantress. She was a witch. See nobody could go near this thing, except her. And she escaped from Waller. Now you know." Flag explained the entire story to the group.

"You can just kill me now, but I'm taking the rest of the night off and having a few drinks." Deadshot spoke before turning and heading into the bar. The rest of the squad quickly followed him for a night away from the chaos.