XXXII

"Wake up, Vod'ika. We're here." Fives said quietly. Cav grunted, Grabbing her stuff and jamming her helmet on as the mission began to catch up with her.

They lost Hardeen. She had gone after Bane instead of pursuing the main target.

The mission was closed. Hardeen was out there still, and Bane was with them. Doing who knows what.

Fives was doing paperwork and they'd both have to report to the captain. That wasn't going to be fun.

They'd have to attend the debrief in front of several jedi, also not fun. She was probably just going to stand in the back and keep her mouth shut.

Then just... await news and orders. She followed the other two members of the mission out of the ship. First thing she did was drop her stuff off and head for the showers. They were deserted, being the middle of the day, but she hurried anyways, scrubbing the dust of the mission from her skin.

She brushed and braided her hair up and out of the way while it was still wet, letting it dry in the braid. After a moment of hesitation, she undid the half done plait and redid it in a fishtail.

She then decided to check in at the medbay to talk to Kix before Fives dragged her up to see the Captain, throwing on a fresh pair of blacks and setting the ones she wore on the trip aside to wash by hand later.

Kix was waiting for her as soon as she stepped in, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"How'd it go?" He asked quietly. Cav pressed her lips together.

"I kriffed it up. We lost Hardeen." She said quietly. "Bane was there. I went after him. I should have focused on Hardeen."

"You would be dead if you did that." Kix said quietly. At her confusion, he shrugged. "Fives and Skywalker stepped in for a bit for post mission medchecks. I need to do you as well." He explained.

"I'm fine." Cav said with a shrug.

"I'll be the judge of that." Kix said, motioning to one of the cots. "Jump up, let me look you over."

Cav didn't complain as she hoisted herself up onto the cot and let Kix examine her. They sat in empty silence with the exception of gentle commands from Kix asking her to move her arms, turn her head, ect. She winced as he probed along her back and side, and now that she was paying attention, her left shoulder was a little stiff.

"You're better off than Fives and the General." Kix commented. "Was his leg your work?" He asked. Cav nodded. "You did well. I would have maybe applied a thicker layer of bacta over the burn, and wrapped it from the bottom up rather than the top down. As for you, it just looks like some minor bruising."

Cav nodded, then surprised herself and Kix by leaning forward and throwing her arms around him and hiding her face in the crook of his neck. Kix smoothed a hand down her back as she clung to him. A broken foot, Umbara, even Neon's death she had never acted like this.

"Don't beat yourself up, vod'ika. Fives was so proud of you. I am too. I promise the mission was not your fault." He said gently. Cav nodded, pulling back and scrubbing at her eyes. After a second, Kix offered her his hand and helped her off the cot.

"I know you'll have to debrief with the captain soon, but do you want to stay here until Fives comes and gets you? Or would you rather go back to the barracks?" Kix asked.

"I'll stay here." Cav muttered. Kix gave a half smile as she followed him to his office where he checked through his datachips. He glanced at her after a second before pulling out a small bag with a clamp sealing it shut. Inside were several brightly colored pebble looking things.