XXXV

Cav took a couple steadying breaths, reviewing all that she had in terms of data. Fives sat across from her, mildly suggesting what she should say in terms of a briefing in the overall situation before they came up with plan. 

"I... think that's it?" She asked after a long second. Fives nodded in confirmation. 

"That's all I got. Ready to present?" He asked. Cav nodded, grabbing the holo projector and lead the way to rejoin the others. Cody looked at her as they reentered the cockpit.

"Ok. Aside from the hurried explanation I got as Fives dragged me out of the mess, what the hell happened?" He asked, looking around at each of then in turn. There was a pregnant pause. Ahsoka swiveled her chair around to look at Cavalry.

"Cav, it's your mission. What's your explanation?" Cav let out a long breath, prepping herself mentally

"The Supreme Chancellor of the Republic has been kidnapped." She said grimly, looking at each of them in turn with her solemn grey-blue eyes. "And according to video evidence, the late jedi general Kenobi was one of those who aided in the kidnapping."

Cody's eye widened ever so slightly. He glanced at the Captain for confirmation. Rex ignored him and gave her the slightest nod of encouragement.

She pulled out the holo and set it on the floor in the middle of the room. Every chair was swiveled around now. She turned it on, controlling it from her datapad. She did not, how ever, pull up the video once more. Instead, she pulled up a holomap of the square where the Chancellor was kidnapped.

"The chancellor was standing here." She tapped a spot on the square and a infrared scan of the Chancellor appeared. "We know that Keno... that the General was stationed with a stun sniper rifle." She fumbled over Kenobi's name. Cav tapped the tower and another warm body appeared in infrared. She tapped another spot. Thank kriff for those lessons Fives had given her. She barely knew how to the holoprojector like this. 

"This is where the parwan disabled the ray shield, letting the general take the shot." She tapped a spot almost hidden behind a wall. A different, distinctly nonhuman body appeared with energy arcing through it's form. "There were three other hidden kidnappers disguised as guards posted here, here, and here." The map showed their location accordingly. So far, so good. 

"As well as a getaway driver waiting here with a speeder." Cavalry overlaid the video from the drones on top of her 3d map. She played it again, tracking the motion with red lines of all members of the guilty party. Cav froze the image of when Kenobi's form flickered, and pulled it up in a broadcast screen above the display of the city.

Cody grew very still beside Rex. The captain turned to look at his vod. A mixture of emotions ran across his face. Disbelief, surprise, fear, sadness, agony, and anger were only a few. Cav suppressed a wince. Cody and the general had been close. She was reopening a sensitive wound. But they needed him. She was sure of it. 

Cavalry let them all take in the sight of what had once been the beloved general before starting the video again.  Kenobi's cruel smile, the ease at which he shot the cameras, but even after the video cut out, the scene Cav had so neatly laid out still played. She showed three of the five bounty hunters making it to the getaway speeder, and the other two just sort of fizzled out into the background. Skywalker, highlighted in purple, gave chase to the speeder. Fives had helped her with that bit. 

Cav shut down the projection with a grimace. "It is in my suspicions that Cad Bane was a part of this group, if not the leading pawn in it." She said, meeting the other's gazes again. "We can also deduce from the involvement of Moralo Eval that he is in on it as well. And..." She took a shuddering breath. "We know that the General has impersonated Hardeen for some time at this point, maybe even up to moments after his 'death.'" She hesitated, wondering how best to go about this.