Chapter 9

"class dismissed" snape sneered. I hurriedly pack up my books and get up to leave. "so, claire. I missed you the other night." a voice says. "what happened to you?'' I slowly turn around to find Draco Malfoy in the flesh, standing in front of me. "uhh well i was, um..." I trail off. "you were..." where is mattheo? I can't do this, we never worked out what I was gonna tell draco. I can't punch harder than draco. I mean hopefully he has a bit of respect and won't sock a girl in the face, but you never know. ugh i should've just texted him, explaining where i was. it would've been so much easier than this. but I guess he could've still cornered me about it. At least mattheo would've been with me though. "Claire?'' I snapped back to reality. He's closer than he was before. " I asked you a question," he sneers. "don't ignore me. where were you that night." " Something came up, '' I answer. ''I'm sorry," he says, ''Something came up?" he asks. "um yeah that's what i just said '' i answer. Why am I talking back? I should just back away slowly. "I ASKED YOU TO COME WITH ME!!" draco explodes "YOU DON'T STAND ME UP. YOU'RE LUCKY I ASKED. NO ONE WOULD EVER WANT TO GO OUT WITH YOU. THAT PROBABLY WOULD'VE BEEN YOUR FIRST AND LAST DATE" what did sophie ever see in him. Heck, what did I ever see in him? He's more of a jerk than I thought. I mean, I know he was kind of a rebound and I was using him to get over mattheo, but of all the guys, why was I gonna go out with him? "Uh no. You don't get to sit here and yell at me, and make me feel bad about myself. you're a self-centered jerk, who doesn't give a shiz about anybody else's feelings, and nobody actually likes you. Nobody wants to actually be around you. They like you for your title malfoy. your father's position in the ministry, your ranking in popularity at hogwarts. that's all they're after.'' I reply, "That is not the only reason why people are friends with me." He answers through his teeth. "Oh right" I say. "Some people are with you because of your "looks". but who knows why they'd ever go for you. Mattheo's way better" I say, smirking. I pick up my books and leave a stunned draco behind as I walk out of the classroom. Once in the corridor somebody grabs me and pulls me into an empty classroom, with their hand over my mouth and they're other hand on my waist. "GET THE F-" "you were so hot when you were telling malfoy off." the voice whispers huskily in my ear. I immediately relax into Mattheo's arms. "He might be coming after you," I say , turning around to face him. "i mentioned that you were much better to look at ''''I heard" he answers lifting me onto a desk. "what're you doing?" I ask out of breath. "I'm going insane." he says, getting closer. "wh-what?" " I can't think of anything but you. I could barely hold myself back from barging into that classroom and putting my hands all over you right in front of malfoy." "really?" I ask in a small voice. "yes. g*d yes. you were so hot putting him in his place.'' I smile a small smile. He puts his hands on my waist and puts his mouth by my ear. "I don't think you realize what you do to me" he touches his lips to my skin and makes a trail of fiery kisses down my neck, across my jaw, and up to the corner of my mouth, before he finally crashes his lips onto mine. his hands roam to a piece of exposed skin where my shirt has come untucked from my skirt. He pulls me closer to him. I put my hands in his hair, and pull hard, causing him to moan. All of a sudden the handle on the door starts jiggling. We both freeze and look at each other. Mattheo slowly slides me off of the desk and we quickly run over to the wall next to the door. our backs are pressed to the wall and we are hidden by the shadow of a huge cabinet, so whoever is entering the room can't make out our faces. Professor Flitwik enters the classroom and looks around. "Who's in here?" he yells. Mattheo squeezes my hand. He points towards the door, and puts one finger up, and then 2, then 3 and we take off towards the door. "hey!" flitwick yells, but we just run faster, until we are halfway down the corridor. Mattheo turns toward me, "Are you okay?" he asks "yeah '' I said, but it was barely audible because I was laughing so hard. "Why are you laughing so hard? '' Mattheo asks while laughing as well. I shake my head and just laugh harder. "you're crazy," he says, smiling and shaking his head. " I'm crazy? you're the one who put me in a chokehold and kidnapped me to an empty classroom!'' I say laughing even harder. mattheo picks me up bridal style and starts walking towards the stairs. "what're you doing?'' I ask, still laughing. ''We have a free period, remember?" he says, raising his eyebrow. "I don't know if you've noticed but I'm not sure if I can stop laughing long enough to kiss you," I say giggling. "That's okay," he says. " I was thinking we could watch a movie, or use those nerf guns we bought last week for our nerf war we haven't had yet," he answers, kissing my forehead. "you're on '' I say, jumping out of his arms. ''Where are you going?" he yells as I run down the hall. "Come on '' I say, beckoning him with my hand. He runs to catch up with me, and we race back to his dorm.