Trying

I woke up in a panic. I was covered in sweat and it was barely the middle of the night. Whose voice was in my head? That couldn't have been a dream, I heard it!

"Cubby?.." Leon called to me quietly as he rubbed his big eyes.

"Y-Yeah?.." I asked and felt like I couldn't catch my breath. I got up and went to the bathroom. I turned on the light and checked my wounds for now.

"Are you okay? What's wrong? Did you have a nightmare?" He asked as he flew to my side.

"Yeah, it was just a nightmare.. I don't know if i can sleep anymore though.. Do you think we can go out and practice?" I asked as I assured myself my wounds were fine.

"Right now?" He groaned, "Okay but only if it'll tire you out" he agreed. I left out a sigh of relief hearing that.

"Lets roar.." i said quietly as I walked over to my window. When I was transformed I placed a hair tie on my wrist then I jumped out and swung far away. I spent some time trying to learn how to get quicker. I'd zoom right towards buildings then move at the last second.. Then I accidently smashed into a chimney because I didn't see it behind this other wall.

"Ow! Awe.." I whined and whimpered as I sat on my butt with my hands over my face. My nose and forehead hurt so bad! "There's no lights! Why can't I just be faster?!" I whined to myself as I rubbed the pain away from my face. I could feel my ears fall flat against the top of my head and my tail even fwip back and forth.

"Bad night, Kya?" There was a sudden voice behind me. I hadn't even noticed anyone there! Out of instinct I just kind of.. hid. I brought my knees to my chest and covered my head when I heard that voice. If I were in danger with an Akuma I would have fought but this was a surprise. This person sighed as I slowly looked up behind me. Chat noir.. Of course he'd catch me acting like a kid.

"Uh, no, im purrfect- i-Its a great night-" I stuttered and almost even acted like him for a second with those puns. Ugh.. "Is it your turn for patrol tonight?.." I haven't even thought about asking to help with that. I haven't done anything..

"Neither of us have been out till now tonight. We've both been somewhere." He explained as I got to my feet. I rubbed my nose again in pain with a sigh.

"Ill start helping out with patrol too. Just tell me when.." I said as I took the hair tie from my wrist and pulled my hair back. I looked out over the city at everything. It's finally quiet.. I cant get over what I heard though. Someone wants me to kill shadow moth. I could never kill someone though.. Isn't there another option?..

"Kya, i-.." Chat stayed where he was behind me to talk. I tried to show him that I was fine and relaxed. I'd rather not show my teammates how weak I really am, "When we were all fighting the Akuma and I said something about your hair-.." He sighed and sounded like it was hard for him to talk about, or maybe he was just annoyed.

"Did ladybug put you up to this?" I asked as I turn just my head to look at him with the corner of my eyes. "I'm not bothered.. You should go home and get some sleep. I'll be out all night to watch things.." I said before using my chains to take off.

3rd pov

Kya swung far off somewhere she hoped Chat noir wouldn't find her. She didn't know how to feel. Embarrassed because Chat noir caught her feeling weak? Sad and anxious knowing he was guilt tripped into apologizing to her? On top of that, the scary things someone spoke to her in her sleep.. She couldn't take everything in at once so she decided on trying to train herself to become faster and more agile.

While Kya was training, succeeding and failing, Chat noir watched from a distance. This was the first time out of all the times they had known each other and worked together, that he saw Kya so low. She constantly put herself down and when she failed, it always ended up in injury. On top of that, tonight was the first time Kya ever spoke this much to him. Usually she's quiet and reserved, she doesn't like to say too much. But today he had really pushed her and he knew something else was bothering her too. Chat still couldn't believe Kya had told him to plainly just "Shut up." She was never one to talk back to Chat, no matter how mean he was to her. But when she got dressed up today and made her hair look the best she thought it could be, then Chat went and say how bad it was, she was more than hurt.