Obvious

A whole week slowly passed me by. The girls were over every chance they got to help finish these clothes before the party. Meanwhile, chat noir was by my side every night. He was always so tired, not that I blame him. We've had Akuma attacks like crazy this week. So I held him and patched up his little wounds and kissed it better till he was okay again.

It's October 30th, one day until the party. I guess I forgot to mention that after I had finished my dresses, I made chats suit. It came out a lot better than I had dreamed.

"Sir? You called?.." Gabriel called me into his office. It's been 2 weeks since kya came by and Gabriel still hasn't told Ophelia anything.

"Ophelia, come in. Please, sit" Gabriel told me and pointed to the couches. I did as he asked and sat in wonder. Will he really tell me? "I understand kya visited you nearly 2 weeks ago, has she come back?" He asked as he fixed his glasses and sat in front of me.

"Oh.. Well, I've seen her come by my apartment a few times. I think she was checking on me. Every time she was there, my friends were over so she never came inside" I explained a lie I thought of off the top of my head.

"What did she tell you when you both talked?" He asked with his hands folded together and this weird intense stare at me.

"She told me a lot of things.. She said that you would tell me the rest but I have no idea what that could be. If you didn't, than she'd come back to tell me." I explained as I tried not to look at him.

"This was all my fault.." He muttered with a lowered head. "Ophelia, the reason you lost a part of your leg was because of me.. I suppose Kya startled me and i-.. Im so sorry.." My eyes widened in shock. He really told me..

I didn't want to ask questions, Ophelia needs to be understanding. "I know, sir.. I forgive you." I told him while something was raging inside me. I kinda wanna kick him with this prosthetic and see how many teeth I can knock out.

Gabriel looked up in astonishment that I said this. "I see.." He let out a sigh as he smiled and stood up, "I have to show you something, dear. I'll finish what kya said I would." He told me as he gestured for me to stand. So I did, he took me behind his desk and we went down to the basement. We went to the garden, to the capsule. "My wife used to hold the peacock miraculous.. Kya used it once and it hurt her, that happened to Emile but much worse.." the foggy screen disappeared as I looked at emile. This still makes me want to cry. She's gone..

"So she didn't disappear.. Why do you keep her in this?.. What does this help?.." I asked as I gently set my hand on the capsule. I thought for sure he'd slap my hand away but he didn't.

"This keeps her alive and healthy. For now, she's stuck in a fog. Only the miraculous of ladybug and Chat Noir can save her.." he told me as I filled my chest with air and bit my tongue.

"How?.. They can't do anything psychologically, can't they?.. How would they heal her?.." I asked as I stared at emile's face. It's pail and she looks so, so sad.. I wonder if she can hear us.. I wonder if she knows what's happening for her sake..

"I've read about it.. Combining the two miraculous will create something so powerful it'd even raise the dead." My stomach turned after hearing this. Those things surely come at a price..

"So.. Does that mean-.." I muttered as I looked to Gabriel. I'm so disappointed..

"I am hawkmoth.. You have to understand that this is all for the sake of my family." He told me as nuroo flew out and showed himself to me. That's when Gabriel showed me his miraculous just behind his tie.

"If you did get their miraculous, who would make that wish to save emile?.. Someone else could die.." I asked as I looked back at her body. There's no way she is alive. I've felt exactly what a broken miraculous feels like when it cracks just a little more. I almost died too.. How is this box keeping her body preserved though?.. I have no idea.. I feel horrible knowing this secret and not being able to tell adrien..