Chapter 4- Troublemakers

"Today's schedule will be different from the usual. Because I'm new here, I'd like to see how well you've all been training for the past few months under Seunggi's direction." Principal Ahn continues. "As such, I'm making a request for a few capture-the-flag exercises to be able to observe tomorrow morning." The crowd begins to murmur in excitement at this statement. Aside from the incidents involving Park Seoyoung, many of the trainees actually enjoyed capture-the-flag. You could say they've begun treating it like a recreational activity now more than a mission.

"Alright! I love that game. I've never lost a single match!" Yena cheers.

"Except for that one time where we beat you in the finals." Yujin interjects.

"You know that one ended in a draw, and even if it wasn't, Chaewon clearly crossed the finish line first!" The duck answers back.

"Yah, don't you drag me into this one too!" Chaewon says. Yuri, Wonyoung, and Minjoo could only sigh as the three began arguing.

"YOU THREE AT THE BACK!" Principal Ahn yells from the podium. The auditorium quickly becomes silent at this. Yena, Chaewon, and Yujin's arguing had finally been noticed, and they were trying to shrink into their seats to hide.

"Yes, you three. Stand up. Dish duty for a week! Has Seunggi taught you anything about respecting your superiors?" He chides. "Everyone else, you are free to go. Remember to prepare for tomorrow. Trainer Yoon-jeong will be posting your groups by the afternoon. Dismissed." As the trainees began filing out of the auditorium, Yuri, Minjoo and Wonyoung looked at their friends with sympathy, but had to follow the crowd out.

"This is your fault, Yena..." Yujin grumbles as the three make their way to the front.

"Yah, you're the one who brought it up- ouch!" Yena replies before catching an elbow to the side from Chaewon.

"I agree with the puppy. You gotta stop starting trouble because you know we're going to follow." Chaewon says with a smirk.

~~~~

"And who might these three be, Yoon-jeong-ssi?" Principal Ahn asks as the trainees in question line up in front of them.

"These are Choi Yena, Kim Chaewon, and Ahn Yujin, sir. They are members of the facility's lead group, IZ*ONE." She responds.

"I see..." He says as he looks at each of them before stopping at Yena. "You're the one who was on the news the other day, aren't you?"

"Yes, ssaem." Yena replies, bowing formally.

"You caused the facility a lot of trouble with that incident, you know?" He says before looking at trainer Yoon-jeong. "She's supposed to be one of our best mutants, right? Are you sure you trained them correctly?"

"Sir, as I explained to Seunggi-sunbaenim, it was a coordinated ambush and we were outnumbered." Yena interjects.

"I still don't see why that was a problem if you're one of the best of the best." Yena grits her teeth at this, trying to hold back her irritation. This man was nothing like Seunggi.

"Yah, that isn't fair to her at all-" Chaewon tries to defend her friend but is cut off swiftly.

"Excuse me, was I talking to you? The mutants here really need to learn how to respect people of authority. Only speak when spoken to." He chides pointing a finger at Chaewon. Yujin was about to speak up next, but trainer Yoon-jeong beat her to it.

"I think that's enough, sir. I'm sure they've all learned their lesson and will not do it again, right kids?" She says, giving the three a knowing look to which they nod to in agreement.