Chapter 8: A Proper Meeting

Welcome back to another chapter! Warning this chapter includes minor anxiety and downward spiraling in thoughts as well as a bit of hate towards polyamorous relationships. As always take care of yourself and thank you for reading. 

~~~

"Thanks for walking me here Rem," Virgil smiled shakily as they arrived at the dorms on the other end of campus where he was meant to meet the people from the previous day.

"It's no problem, gurl. I don't blame you for not feeling safe to walk by yourself right after that happened," Remy replied, ruffling Virgil's hair affectionately. "Now if any of them hurt you or make you uncomfortable don't hesitate to call me. I'll shank a bastard."

"Remy!" Virgil scorned.

"Haha, okay but seriously, if anything happens, I'll come get you, I'll tell them off, I'll join you for comedic relief, whatever you need, okay?" Remy said, his voice becoming soft and sincere.

"Thanks Rem, I'll have to keep that in mind," Virgil said with a soft smile.

"No prob, I've got you, anytime, anywhere," Remy promised, a cheeky grin clear in his tone.

Virgil smiled at his kindness but it slowly slipped away as he began to get lost in thought, his chin sagging towards his chest.

"Hey, you okay?" Remy asked. "If you're feeling uncomfortable they said I could go with you and if you're still uncomfortable I can always call them and say you are sick or something? We can get you out of this if you don't want it," Remy reassured him.

"No, no, that's not it. It's just... Is it even okay for me to go? You know, with me liking Patton and all? It feels kind of wrong like I have an ulterior motive or something. He is in a relationship, with two people for that matter! He doesn't need me trying butt my way into that happiness. What if I say something and he finds out and it upsets Roman and Logan? Roman already doesn't seem to like me much," Virgil rambled.

"Virgil... Focus on me. Breathe. Easy there," Remy said, his hands resting firmly on his shoulders. "First of all, I have it on good authority that Roman's attitude towards you should change and if it doesn't, you tell me about it. Second, it's lunch, not a make out session or something. Just be your charming self and get to know them and let them get to know you. They are polyamorous and so are you, if it's meant to be it'll happen. And let me tell you Virgil! You are a handsome, kind, intelligent, spirited, young man that anyone would be so very lucky to be in a relationship with. If they are idiots enough not to want to return your affection then that's on them."

"You think way too highly of me," Virgil chuckled.

"I only tell the truth, Babe," Remy laughed.

"Virgie! You're already here! Hope you weren't waiting long," a voice called over from where the sound of the building's doors opening had just occurred.

"Hey Patton, that's Roman and Logan with you, right?" Virgil guessed, referring to the multiple sets of steps he could hear approaching.

"Indeed, very perceptive, Virgil," Logan replied.

Remy protectively wrapped a shoulder over Virgil's shoulder, pulling him close.

"You take good care of Virgil alright?" Remy said, surprisingly sternly.

"We understand Remy, you don't need to worry," Logan assured him.

"The fairest man on campus will be in good company for lunch," Roman added.

"Is that a pale joke?" Virgil asked with a frown as he raised an eyebrow.

"Perhaps," Roman hummed.