Chapter 13: Prince Among Men

Hello, welcome back to a new chapter! I hope you will enjoy. It's a wholesome chapter for the most part a bit of reoccurring anxiety and awkwardness and one moment where swords are jokingly referred to as murder weapons. As always take care of yourselves and thank you for reading! 

*Edit: Also thank you so much for making this story rated #1 in LAMP! You are all amazing!

~~~

 "Hold still Virgil!" Remy complained as he attempted to fiddle with Virgil's makeup.

"What are you trying to do? It's just dinner with Roman. We're probably just going to the cafeteria. He'll probably think I'm weird for dressing up more than usual and he'll tease me or something," Virgil pouted in response, trying to duck away from Remy's attempts.

"He won't tease you for looking nice. People are allowed to dress up for themselves, not others. Besides, I'm barely doing much with your makeup besides a bit of eyeliner and actually shaping that eyeshadow of yours, even the shirt I picked out for you is pretty casual," Remy insisted.

"I don't know..." Virgil murmured worriedly.

"If he says anything, blame it on me, okay? I'm willing to be your scapegoat in any circumstance. Tell him I did this because I wanted to experiment and you just didn't feel like taking it off or something," Remy sighed, brushing Virgil's bangs back into a more manageable position.

"It's still the principle of the matter," Virgil grumbled, slouching back on the toilet lid to let Remy finish his makeup.

The phone on the counter beside him went off with a chorus of trumpets.

"Yo, what's up Roman," Remy asked, answering Virgil's phone for him and putting it on speaker.

"I just pull into the parking lot whenever our favorite shadowling is ready. No rush, I just wanted to give you a heads up," Roman replied.

"I'm almost ready. Just need to actually get dressed," Virgil hummed.

"You're not dressed?" Roman asked with a vague concern in his voice.

"No? Sorry, I'm a bit behind, Remy kind of dragged me into the bathroom and yeah," Virgil chuckled nervously.

"Wouldn't expect you of all people to be comfortable in the buff..."

"Wait what? The hell Roman! I mean changed into nicer clothing instead of lounge clothing, I'm not naked!" Virgil blushed trying to hide his face.

"No touching your face, you'll mess up your makeup again," Remy lectured.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. In my defense I live with Remus!" Roman explained from the other end of the phone.

Virgil laughed slightly, bending over so his head was practically between his knees.

"I'm just... Yeah, I'll meet you outside in five Princy," Virgil stated, waving his hand dismissively.

"You heard the man. I expect you'll take good care of Virgil tonight once he comes out, alright?" Remy chirped, a slight venom laced into the end of his statement. "Bye!"

He hung up the phone and returned it to its place on the counter.

"You ready?" Remy asked.

"Tonight is going to be a wreck," Virgil whined.

"You'll be fine," Remy promised with a chuckle.

"Roman and I don't exactly have an A plus quality relationship."

"Well that's why he invited you out tonight. Come on, he's really trying here. You two might sometimes have your awkward moments and friction but that doesn't mean that it won't be a great night for you. Besides, what better way to get closer to your crushes than getting close to their soulmate? You might be surprised."