Chapter 4: Reunion

Hey guys! Sorry this is so late, it's been really hectic recently and I've been going through a bit of a depressive spurt but hey I finally finished it. Also I finally started the cover art so hopefully that will be finished soon. Happy kinda late Thanksgiving to those reading this who celebrate it. As always take care of yourself and thank you for reading. 

~~~

He was well aware that it was well past noon, it wasn't like he had any plans anyways. Continuously rolling over and going back to sleep was something he was quite content with doing while he still had the chance before classes began in a few days.

"Guess what!" His hyper roommate exclaimed, plopping down heavily on the foot of his bed.

Virgil tensed at the sudden loud noises and movement on the bed. His breath caught in his throat causing him to choke a bit as his unseeing eyes went wide.

"I was trying to sleep," He complained, once his heart slowed a bit.

"Sleeping is for the weak," Remy replied, leaning back onto his hands.

"You slept until dinner time yesterday," Virgil countered.

"Never said I wasn't weak," Remy stated without missing a beat, casually fixing the dark brown swoop of hair that stuck out the front of his beanie.

Virgil let out a sigh and sat up.

"So what's got you all excited?" He asked.

"So you're not even going to try to guess?"

"Get me coffee and maybe I'll humor you."

"Well that's great because we are meeting them there anyways," Remy grinned as he jumped up from the bed again.

"Wait, wha-!"

Virgil's words were cut off by his own cry of surprise when he felt Remy grabbing onto his wrists and pulling him up out of bed. He stumbled on the ground and likely would have fallen if Remy wasn't holding him up until he gained his balance.

"What the fuck was that for?" Virgil snapped in annoyance as he pushed himself away from Remy, now more stable on his feet.

"Aww your cute when you're angry," Remy teased.

Virgil could hear him moving away towards his own half of the room.

"You talk too much," Virgil complained as he too walked away to the closet to find something to wear.

"Aww, but you love me," Remy countered.

"Bold of you to assume that when you barely know me yet," Virgil snorted.

"I can tell. You couldn't ever stay mad at me," Remy replied confidently.

Virgil smirked as he piled a random combination of a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, and a hoodie in his arms.

"I wouldn't test that if I were you. I will find a way to lock you in the bathroom all day if you do," Virgil said before entering the bathroom himself to go change.

Virgil didn't take long dressing himself and getting ready. He danced around the bathroom while he brushed his hair, clearly able to hear his upstairs neighbor singing along to Broadway music. Once he was done he entered the main area of the dorm room and let out a soft whistle.

"Ember," he called.

His dog got up and trotted over to Virgil who retrieved her vest and leash from the floor of his closet. He expertly got her ready with ease. He then gathered his remaining items around his area of the room including his wallet, keys, sunglasses and cane.