13: Summer Addiction

The next few day were among the best days Lucie had had in a long time.  They'd spent that Tuesday in bed for most of the day, only emerging for food.

She'd thought that Seb was the insatiable one but he'd awoke the nymphomaniac inside of her.  She just couldn't get enough of him. 

As much as she'd wanted to, she decided she couldn't throw another sickie on the Wednesday. So she'd headed off to work Wednesday morning, leaving Seb asleep in her bed.  They'd arranged to meet up in the evening for a stroll on the beach and a few drinks.  She left him a note telling him not to forget to lock up and to pop the spare keys through the letterbox when he left. 

The day dragged.  All she wanted was to see Seb again.  That man was quickly becoming an addiction.    Finally five o'clock arrived and she walked home briskly.  She jumped in the shower and quickly changed into a pale blue maxi dress and sandals. 

She'd beamed from ear to ear when she found a note from Seb on her pillow waiting for her.

Hey Beautiful,

I missed you this morning. Although I think it's probably a good thing you went to work.  Gives me time to recover my energy.  You are wearing me out, not that you'll hear any complaints from me.  I can't wait to see you later.  How about we have a drive out to Compton Bay? I remember you saying it was your favourite beach.  We can get some fish and chips, or whatever you want, for dinner before heading back to Sandown for a few drinks.  Then if you like back to to yours.  Wink wink.  Hope you've had a good day.  Text me when you're ready and I'll come pick you up. 

S x

Why was he so perfect?   Lucie wondered what she'd do when he left.  She shook her head and pushed the thought out of her head.  They still had a week but they had to fit as much in as possible as Freddie would be back Saturday and they had be careful around him. 

Lucie had no problem with introducing Seb to Freddie, if Seb was ok with that, but it would be as a friend.  She didn't want to confuse Freddie. She decided to ask Seb what he thought later.

She braided her hair and then she texted Seb.

Lucie: hey, I'm ready. Meet you outside in ten? X

Seb: sure, see you then gorgeous x

Exactly ten minutes later he pulled up and she jumped in next to him. He kissed her gently.

"Hey you," he murmured. " Good day?"

"Boring, but I have a feeling it's about to get better."

He winked at her and then pulled away from the curb, heading for Compton Bay.

***

They walked down the beach, hand in hand, enjoying each other's company. They eventually reached some rocks. Seb sat down and watched Lucie take her sandals off and paddle in the surf, holding her dress up to stop it getting wet.

He really didn't know how he was going to giver her up when he left the island, but he knew that he had to. He could feel himself falling in love and he didn't need that.

He needed to concentrate on his career. He had one last chance to get it right. There would be more chances at love in the future. There were so many more women in the world. What were the chances that this woman was the one?

He heard her laugh as a small dog ran up to her for fuss. A young girl chased after it. She stood talking to Lucie while her mother watched on.

He'd phoned Britta earlier whilst Lucie had been at work. She'd been mad as hell with him. He'd had a right telling off. He'd explained what had happened with Natasha. Britta had been fuming and had wanted to go and give Natasha a piece of her mind. Seb had convinced her that it wasn't worth it.

He asked Britta to deliver a letter to the house telling Natasha she had two weeks in which to leave. If she hadn't by then she'd be hearing from his lawyers.

Britta agreed to deal with that for him. He then told her he'd be back the following week but would be staying at Antti's house.

After speaking to Britta he rang Antti. Antti agreed that Seb could stay at his when Seb explained what was going on.

So that was it. He'd made his plans to go back to his life. A life without Lucie.

She was walking back towards him. He stood and pulled her into his arms. Their lips met.

"Shall we go get something to eat?" he asked. You must be hungry ."

Lucie admitted that she was ravenous and suggested they went to a nearby pub for a bite to eat.

Seb agreed and within half an hour they were sat outside in the beer garden waiting for their meals.

"Though you didn't like going out to dinner?" he asked.

"I don't really. I'm just really hungry."

"I presume you're working again tomorrow?"

"Yes, and Friday. Then I'm off until next Thursday. I'm afraid I can't see you on Saturday. Freddie's back around lunchtime and I'm going to spend some quality time with him."

"Of course. Can I still stay over Friday night? I'll leave after breakfast."

"Of course. Actually Seb I wanted to ask you something. Feel free to say no if it makes you feel uncomfortable. How would you like to spend Sunday with Freddie and I? I mean I'll introduce you as a friend. I don't want to confuse him but I'd really like to spend as much time with you as I can."

"Lucie. I'd love that. What did you have in mind?"

"Well, a beach day I think. We are going up the castle on Monday. They have a medieval joust going on. You're welcome to come to that too if you want."

"That sounds great. Only if you're sure. I don't want to intrude on your family time."

"Seb, I'm sure Freddie will love you coming along. He can talk boy stuff with you like football and racing cars."

Seb suddenly got a thought. Freddie wouldn't recognise him, would he?

"Does Freddie have a favourite racing driver or favourite footballer?"

"He loves Harry Kane, he's a Spurs fan. Racing drivers, I don't think he knows any as such. He just likes the pink car! See, I don't even know what it's called."

"Racing Point."

"Yeah, that's it."

"They're being taken over by Aston Martin next season, so highly likely won't be pink anymore."

"Oh no. Freddie will be annoyed. Oh well, perhaps he'll still like it, whatever colour it becomes."

"So beach day Sunday?"

"Yeah. I'll text you Saturday evening to confirm."

Their meal arrived. They ate, then headed back to Sandown. Lucie fell asleep on the way back. Seb smiled. She looked adorable. When they got there he parked on the drive as usual.

"Luce, we're home," he said. He smiled. It really did feel like home. Then he felt sad. It never would be.

Lucie stirred. "Hey, do you still want to go for a drink?"

"No," he said. "I want to take you to bed. I want to peel that dress off of you and I want to fuck the living daylights out of you." Lucie laughed at his bluntness.

"You're going to need more condoms then." He leant over her and opened the glove compartment, revealing an unopened box of condoms.

"Came prepared," he said.

"Good boy" Lucie said. "What are we waiting for then?"

They headed inside and straight up the stairs, kissing and undressing each other as they went. Finally, they tumbled naked into bed where they soon became lost in each other.

Perfect Strangers (Sebastian Vettel)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara