Part 1

Kuroo met Kenma when he was 9. He was in a terrible state at the time; having bad grades, stressing out on everything, bad sleep schedules and overall quite depressed. Kenma, being his neighbor, was worried about the mess Kuroo was in, despite his introverted personality. The pudding head asked if he wanted to come over and play a game. The rooster was surprised but agreed almost immediately. Despite his bright personality and good attitude at school, he didn't have many close friends.

At first it was awkward, but the two with completely opposite personalities soon became friends, and friends became best friends, although the pudding head didn't want to admit it. Kuroo sometimes dragged Kenma out to play volleyball, and Kenma helped with Kuroo's grades. They would stay at each other's houses, playing video games or watching movies.

After Kenma was introduced to volleyball, he never stopped, he wasn't exactly passionate about it but found no reason to quit either. They both joined their school's volleyball team in grade and middle school. The pudding head would sometimes not come to school the next day when the training from the day before was hard, and Kuroo felt bad for it but Kenma never once said he wanted to quit.

Sure, he would skip practices but he would always come the day, or even week later and join in as if nothing happened. The older was both surprised and grateful that the younger had taken so much of a liking? To volleyball. He wasn't exactly sure if he liked it but he didn't quit so he just assumed so.

Time passed quickly, and it was curing Kuroo's depression, without either realising.

Kuroo had graduated from middle school and was now heading into High School. He had already passed his exam for Iwate High without Kenma knowing. When Kenma found out, he looked at him strangely and said "do you really want to go there?" Kuroo was confused but nodded his head reluctantly. The blonde decided not to ask any further.

"So? What school are you planning to go to next year?"
"Nekoma"
"I heard they're pretty strong in volleyball as well!"
"Kuroo I'm not going there cuz it's strong in volleyball, I'm going there cuz it's the nearest from our place."
"Well... what did i expect"

Iwate High was a 30 minute walk, the school was quite big and was located on the top of a hill, completely isolated. Covered in trees, no one really knew what the school was like. Being on the top of a hill, it was quite a hard route and you could easily get lost.

The reputation of the school wasn't good, and Kuroo didn't know of this. There were some dark rumours. People said that the school were hiding things from the public, using the power of money.

Although the bad reputation, the school was well known for its volleyball club, being called the top of Tokyo and having won the Nationals multiple times. They were the top of the country and Kuroo was grateful that the school was so close to his house.

Kuroo walked to school, with a mixture of emotions; nervous, excited and slightly scared. I mean, it was the first day of a new high school, who wouldn't be? As he walked up the hill, he spotted a boy in the same uniform. He was in the woods examining weird insects and far off the main path.

He had white hair with black streaks that got thicker towards the hair line. The cat couldn't quite see his face. He looked like he was lost in his own world. Kuroo checked his phone, 8:48, twelve more minutes until school started. He was only around halfway up the hill, kinda late, and here was a boy who was lost in his own world staring at insects happily. Weird, he thought.

"Hello?" Kuroo called out to the boy. The boy looked up
"Uhm, you're gonna be late to school if..." Kuroo stopped talking as he examined the other's face.

It was beautiful.

This time it was Kuroo who was lost in his own world, staring at the other's face.

The boy tilted his face, confused. Why did he call out to me, then stop speaking while staring at my face? Wait, was there something on my face?? He got up and touched his face, feeling if anything odd was on it. Nothing. Then what was the black haired staring at me for..?

"Is there something weird about my face?" he asked. Kuroo blinked twice and then realised what he was doing. "Oh, I'm sorry! I was just.." Kuroo trailed off, not able to find the right words.

"Oh yeah, we have school to get to! We'll be late, we gotta hurry!" Kuroo shouted, changing the subject. "Oh okay" was all the boy said as they both started running up the hill.

The two boys soon caught a glimpse of the large school gates. Inside was a huge garden like place, a fountain as well! If people didn't know it was a school, they might as well have thought it was a palace. The school really didn't have to worry about money.

As they approached the school, they noticed something was slightly off. There wasn't the usual chatter or the excited voices. It was eerie and almost silent. The two boys weren't the only ones who looked confused. There were a few students who looked confused and truly terrified.

"Is this normal or..?" Kuroo whispered to a boy nearby. "Yes" was the only answer that came back. He was a second year student and knew all too well of what was going on.

The principal's arrival.

A limo pulled up, just at the entrance. Out stepped an old lady. She had jet black hair, which was tied into a tight bun, thin eyebrows and dark eyes. "Talk about rich.." Kuroo muttered. She had... quite the presence.

"Good morning everyone. My name is Shizue Itō. Please address me as Mrs Shizue or, Shizue Sensei, if I am teaching a class. I am the principal of this school. Nice to meet you. Now, head to class. The bell will ring soon."

As soon as she dismissed us, people started talking and the normal chatter was there as if nothing had happened. Kuroo checked his card where all his classes were on. He was in Class 5. He then looked to his side to face the owl. "What class are you in?" he asked with a sound of hope in his voice. He thought it was the best to become familiar with at least one person from this school.

"Class 1, do I look smart to you?" The boy huffed. "Oh, sorry..." They started walking up the stairs to their floor (each year had one floor.) As they parted to their classes, Kuroo realised something important. "What's your name? Sorry, I never got the chance to ask, mine's Kuroo Testrurō!" He called out. "My name? It's Bokuto Kōtarō!"