CHAPTER 4.

Chapter 4: Beautiful Green Eyes.

*

"Siblings that say they never fight are most definitely hiding something"

-Lemony Snicket, Horseradish-

*

It was late in the afternoon and the sun hung low in the colorful sky. The Zaeef main house was bustling with people, mainly the helpers. The boys threaded carefully past them as they walked towards the living room with Kayan in the lead and Karmaan right at the back.

"I get the hype about the anniversary party but why are we calling so many people?" Karmaan questioned as he stared at the chaotic scene in front of him in horror.

"Not many people, just business partners, family and friends." Replied Kayan.

"Yeah. Many people."

The boys arrived the living room shortly and Kayan took an abrupt halt, making Sahl hit his back and Karmaan veered off to the side of the doorway. Safwah almost hit Yazdan who had stopped shortly after Kayan.

"Ow." The boys reassembled themselves in a proper manner before Kayan turned to them with an amused expression. Yazdan was the only one who understood, the rest stared at him in confusion. Kayan said nothing and began walking to their family.

In the middle of the large living room were a gray sofa set and a clear coffee table. On the sides were large vases filled with colorful flowers while on the table set a tray of cups filled with tea.

"As salaam alaikum," Kayan said loudly causing everyone to turn to them.

Safwah shook off his hair and turned to the people in the living room. He grinned at his grandmother and mother, his sister-in-laws until his eyes landed on familiar green ones. She was standing by the large glass windows with Yazdan's 4 month old daughter, Yasharah in her arms.

"Wa alaikum mus salaam," she replied with a grin just as Yasharah began waving her hands in the air. Zamaairah laughed and turned her attention to the baby.

Safwah stared at her in amusement and bewilderment. The afternoon sun behind her formed a halo, making her look even more angelic. I didn't expect her- what is she doing in Australia? He felt a bump on his shoulder and turned his head to see Karmaan grinning at him. He rolled his eyes at the younger brother before looking at the other brothers. All their eyes were discretely on him. He sighed. They will get me caught soon.

"Boys! Come sit and have tea with us." Amyrah called them out. Kayan smiled lovingly at his wife before taking a seat beside her. Amyrah immediately leaned onto her husband in familiarity. Yazdan took his seat beside Aanabia who smiled at him affectionately. He placed a kiss on her cheeks before chuckling. His wife blushed very brightly making others laugh too.

Sahl took a seat on the other sofa and Karmaan followed him. Safwah stood still, staring at Zamaairah until he was pulled down by Sahl to take a seat.

"So Zama, when did you arrive?" Kayan questioned, sipping tea. Zamaairah walked over to the baby bouncer and placed Yasharah in it before taking a seat on the floor beside her. She looks so beautiful. She hasn't aged a bit. When was the last time we talked? A week ago? A month? I don't remember.

"Zama! Sit on the sofa, dearest." Chided Qaidah and Zamaairah shook her head with a laugh.

"Its alright, ma." Zamaairah replied making the rest smile at the familiarity of her calling Qaidah, ma. "I arrived an hour ago, Bhai."