CHAPTER 10.

Chapter 10: Brother, Bother! 

*

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

- Sun Tzu: The Art of War.-

*

Vardah Siddique walked to the control room of the Zaeef mansion in spite. How did they get in? She didn't understand how her people could not do their jobs right. After everything they've been taught.

It all began when she was talking to the main guard at the gate after the celebrations had ended when she caught movement towards the East side of the mansion. The rules of the party was clear to everyone; no trespassing to any other place from the main location. The main house was in the middle of the Zaeef property. The west wing belonged to the boys while the east was servant quarters. The area behind the house was mostly recreational with a garden and greenhouse.

The safe house of the property however, was located a little further from the west wing, surrounded by the large trees.

Naturally, Vardah excused herself and followed while alerting her main team of the movement. She had asked Maxwell to pull out the CCTV of the place. He found nothing yet Vardah followed it. Derek and Sapphire were asked to get the family in the safe house while Vardah and Xia tracked down the person.

It may be something completely small but at this point, she was not risking it. Of course the guests had already left so the situation might be easier to control. A few other trusted agents of ACE were with Derek and Sapphire and others surrounded the east wing.

When Vardah trusted her team, hence she continued to follow it making it ran. Vardah chased it down until she shot a dart to his lower leg, rendering it paralyzed. Her eyes went into slits as she walked over to the limping man and raised an eyebrow. Without a word, she took his hands and cuffed it before taking out the dart from his hamstrings. Must have hurt like a bitch.

"Take him back to the investigation room, I'll be there in 30 minutes." She ordered Xia who nodded. Without looking back, she had come to Maxwell in the control room.

"V."

"Max, I want you to pull out all CCTV footages since last week." At her request, Maxwell frowned.

"Last week?" Vardah nodded at him. The door of the room opened and a furious Sahl walked in, slamming the door shut behind him.

"My family's safety was jeopardized, Miss. Siddique. I hope you know what the hell you are doing!" he snapped at her, eyes blazing in rage. If it had been any other day, Vardah could have teased him about it.

"I know." She replied turning to the screen in front of her. She then looked at her watch and tapped, the screen lit up. She tapped twice and immediately she was connected to Xia.

"Send Max a picture of the person with you." With that she hung up. A few seconds later, the picture of the perpetrator appeared on the screen.

"Max, screen for this person on the CCTV." Without question, Max did so. A while later, his face popped up. Max turned to Vardah with his mouth slightly ajar and Sahl moved closer to them.

"As suspected." Vardah muttered, rubbing her forehead. She turned to Sahl and spoke. "He has been part of the staff since this week Monday, which is why he knows his way around. Now the question is, how does he know about the camera and blind spots?" Vardah turned to Max with raised eyebrows.