CHAPTER 8.

Chapter 8: Games.

*

"If you can't win the game, you have to cheat."

-Mackenzi Lee (The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy (Montague Siblings, #2))-

*

The anniversary was in two days and everything was going according to the plan. Because it was a private event with only family and business associates invited, the lawn of the Zaeef mansion was enough. The event planners worked with Amyrah and Aanabia to execute a perfect plan for the evening while Vardah worked on the security. Zamaairah, Kayan and Yazdan helped with the food items while the rest helped here and there.

The parent and grandparent Zaeef's were strictly not allowed to help out, letting the children handle everything. Their only duty was as babysitters of Kavyaan, Kashaf and Yasharah.

"Anyone seen Sahl?"

Zamaairah looked up from the kitchen counter where she was marinating chicken wings, to see an unfamiliar person standing by the door. She was gorgeous with hazel eyes, black hair that fell to her waist and wore an oversized t-shirt with jeans.

"Outside." Zamaairah replied, pointing to the door before frowning. I don't think I know her.

"Thank you." With that (and without introduction), the woman walked out of the kitchen. Zamaairah frowned for a moment before shrugging and going back to her work. The kids (and Karmaan) wanted to eat chicken wings so she decided to make them. Humming softly, she went back to work.

She was done in under half an hour after which, she called the kids and Karmaan to have lunch. While the Qaidah was over looking their lunch, Zamaairah headed outside to meet Vardah.

Somehow after helping Zamaairah put up the lights outside that day, Vardah had stuck around with her. They had become friends really quickly and she found that Vardah was a rather blunt person.

"Hi." Zamaairah saw Vardah walking towards the west wing, with a furious look on her face. While Zamaairah preferred more of aesthetic colored clothing's and hijab, Vardah preferred a more monochrome color; specifically black.

The black attire of hers did nothing but make the entire expression look more, murderous.

"What's wrong with you?" Zamaairah turned around to see Amyrah staring at Vardah too.

"Who is that woman?" Zamaairah and Amyrah exchanged glances and turned back to Vardah.

"What woman?" Vardah let out a deep breath and pointed towards the path she just walked, rather stalked through.

"The woman with a bright personality and black hair and good lord, why is she so happy?" Vardah shuddered visibly making Amyrah stare at her before bursting into laughter. The same one I met in the kitchen?

"Was she by chance, looking for Sahl?" Zamaairah decided to take the chance. I mean if I have to die, might as well die while satisfying my curiosity. Vardah glowered.

"The same one." She bit out and by then, Amyrah sobered up.

"Come on, I'll introduce you two to her." The woman walked ahead of them. Zamaairah and Vardah exchanged looks before following her.

They walked towards the backyard where the boys were playing basketball. Zamaairah immediately looked for Safwah and saw him running after Kayan.

"Zuwailah!" Amyrah called out and Zamaairah's eyes turned to see the woman turning to them from the middle of the game. She was the only female playing.