The town of legends

How interesting

The small town, named armada or some other old world term I'm unsure, however it normally bristled with life.

Now though, it was almost as if a rampant military faction went through here and destroyed everything, or long story short a ghost town

Much harder to sneak into but that's more then likely due to there being nothing to sneak into, but appearances can be deceiving, best take this carefully.

Slowly, I enter one of the abandoned buildings and simply see, well nothing, how odd.

It's best to clean up then leave, slowly and quietly I walk towards a well, scooping the water in a nearby bucket I walk away to find a place where I can clean myself, a clearing not to far outside the town is where I stop to rest and clean myself.

After cleaning myself as I walk through the town again I come across my reflection in the mirror, it's odd to see my hair, the former deep brown lighter due to the sun and yet my deep brown unnerving eyes looking back at myself, how interesting.
Well no point in worrying about it, I have to leave soon to avoid being spotted.

The road is slowly becoming wider and wider, almost as if a large amount of people were expected to be on it, how odd they never let people leave their towns unless they were paid by the towns folk for it, I'll have to look into it later.

Crack

Hm?

What's this?

"Oh no" I utter

Before me lies the population of the town, yet they're all dead, why would they kill their own citizens?

Too many questions yet not enough answers, even though the capital is halfway across the nation, normally they would be able to stop any bandit attack they wanted, so why not stop this one, as a matter of fact, where are the bandits?

Crack

Wait, no they couldn't have
"Whose there? I recommend you show yourself!"
I hear no reply nor any footsteps,
Inhale
Exhale
Stilling I listen for any sort of movement, nothing ye-
Whoosh
Ducking I barely dodge the knife thrown at me, turning sharply I see a tall man with an odd color of hair, it almost looked like bronze? No time to worry about that it's clear he wants a fight or an easy cash grab, not taking any chances yet.

Slipping into my stance I prepare myself
Whoosh
Duck
Leg sweep- miss
Left jab- miss
Snap kick to jaw- hit
The kick had no effect on him! He's not a common criminal, who is this guy?
" what do you want?" I ask simply
He stares at me with hazel eyes, cold, calculating hazel eyes almost as if he's trying to analyze me
"I want to negotiate"
That's it? That's way to easy something else is at play here.
"It can't be that simple" I reply through gritted teeth
"No, normally not however, your an exception"
Narrowing my eyes I glare at him, though I could hear a clear displeasure in his voice I can't tell why?
"And why should I listen?" I say simply
"Because the rebellion needs you, plain and simple you have been the only one who can evade them and predict there strategies, while fighting them" he says

"And? They don't have anything I need do they, I'm not a hero so why should I go? What benefits me from doing so?" He looks at me sharply, his eyes staring into my own piercingly.