Buildup

Aurors! At attention!'

Seventy-eight pairs of eyes looked up at Kingsley and Amelia. Seventy-eight men and women stood rigidly straight in salute.

'You are all aware of what is to happen tomorrow afternoon,' Amelia said, business-like. 'You are all aware that we are at war. You are all aware, thanks to the Daily Prophet, of the two wizards that the Prophecy concerns.'

'Yes, ma'am,' seventy-eight voices barked.

'The Ministry of Magic will be the most dangerous place in the world tomorrow afternoon,' Kingsley picked up seriously. 'The probability is high that Lord Voldemort will make an attempt to seize the Prophecy, Harry Potter, or both tomorrow. It is up to us to ensure that such an attack, if it happens, is stopped. Madam Bones and myself will stand right by you. It is time that we all did our duty to the country. It is time that we all did our duty to the people.'

'Yes, sir,' the Aurors replied in unison.

'Senior Aurors, step up,' Amelia ordered.

Ten witches and wizards stepped forth from the gathered crowd and saluted.

'I expect each and every one of you to set an example of duty, bravery, and leadership,' Amelia shouted. 'You are responsible for the lives of your comrades, your fellow Aurors, Hit-Wizards placed under your command, for innocent witches and wizards, and most of all, for that of a child. I expect you to do your duty to the highest standard possible tomorrow, whether an attack occurs or not. Do I make myself clear?'

The ten Senior Aurors saluted and shouted their affirmative replies.

'Kingsley, the plan.'

Kingsley turned to the Aurors. 'The Unspeakables will be bringing the Prophecy into the Atrium to be heard in front of a few select representatives from the Daily Prophet and associated media. You will be stationed around the Atrium, the Floo exits, and other key positions around the Ministry. You will be given specific assignments tomorrow to prevent any leaks of information. You are to be on your guard at all times. If an attack occurs, you are to engage the enemy with lethal force. You are to protect bystanders as best you can. Do not protect the Prophecy, do not attempt to protect or get in the way of Harry Potter himself. Is this clear?'

'Yes, sir!'

'You are not to leave the Auror Office until the end of the day tomorrow,' Amelia said. 'We will arrange for food and sleeping arrangements to be delivered. You will be given a Sleeping Draught, which you are to take. You will need your rest for whatever happens tomorrow.'

Another round of shouts of affirmation. Kingsley and Amelia nodded their thanks and turned and left the room.

'Sirius!' Andromeda accosted him the moment he stepped out of the Floo.

Sirius inclined his head. 'Andie?'

'It's really happening tomorrow?'

Sirius nodded.

'And do you think there'll be an attack?'

Sirius nodded again.

'And Dora is involved?'

'Yes,' Sirius sighed. 'She's a Senior Auror.'

'And will you be there?'

'Yes,' Sirius replied. 'As backup. Moony will be there, too.'

'Then I'll be there,' Andromeda said firmly. 'If my entire family is there, then I'm not sitting at home.'

Sirius was alarmed. 'Andie?'