Chapter 1: A Fresh Start in Haddonfield

2018 September 19th
Trinity's P.O.V

It took 3 hours to fly over to Illinois, but after packing one last box of everything I owned back at my old home in Phoenix, I was ready to start my new life. My mother made sure everything I had were in boxes and that it would be flown over to my new house in Haddonfield as soon as I jumped on the plane. It broke my heart having to leave my mother behind along with my crooked father who didn't give two shits about me. I only had one conviction on my record and it was self-defence and yet, my father looks down on me in shame, proclaiming I had ruined our family's "reputation"! Seriously though, what reputation? Joining a shady group of people isn't enough to ruin his reputation but me trying to incapacitate my attacker? "Oh Trinity, I expected better of you to not resort to violence!" Well what other fucking choice did I have? I'm pretty sure my father wished I was dead instead of my conviction "ruining" his reputation with his gang. The only people that cared about me were my mother and my older brother and I was grateful that at least two of my immediate family supported me when things got rough. My mother is a lawyer and she was the one who made sure I didn't go to jail for disabling my attacker and instead, he was the one who went behind bars!

6 months ago...

When I got home after the judge concluded I wasn't guilty, I didn't exactly go without a slap on my wrist about my self-defence techniques. I went inside the 3-story mansion that my father worked so hard on to provide for our family and he wouldn't even look at me and I saw in the reflection of the window he was staring out of that he had a black eye. I went to ask him about it but instead he stomped his shoe on the tile floor of the kitchen!

"I don't want anything to do with you anymore. I've procured for you a place to live, far away from us. A place that I hope you won't come back from! You move out in 6 months. Start packing!" he snapped in his Italian accent, pointing at me with his cigar.

Hearing those words from my father broke me deep down inside and unfortunately for him, my mother heard what he said too. I'll never forget that night---when my mother told me to just go to my room just so she could argue with my father. Being in a Latin household, my parents were loud and I mean loud when they fought! I heard stomping footsteps come up the stairs and I cringed in fear that it would be my father, coming to yell at me instead of my mother because he never wins with her. Instead, I heard another door open and slam shut! Then I heard loud weeping from downstairs and not wanting to step outside my room, I texted my mother to ask if she was alright.

 Instead, I heard another door open and slam shut! Then I heard loud weeping from downstairs and not wanting to step outside my room, I texted my mother to ask if she was alright

Present time...

"Good afternoon, everyone! I hope you're having a lovely time on this flight. We will be arriving in Chicago, Illinois shortly!"

The announcer from the airplane startled me awake as I had fallen asleep! Once we had landed in the airport of Chicago, I grabbed my personal belongings on the plane and after making my way down to pick up my suitcases, I made my way to the taxi rank to find the moving truck waiting for me to hop on aboard. Once I got on the truck, we had driven all the way to Haddonfield, the place my father chose for me to live in. The only thing I've heard about this area is some kind of legend which I completely forgot what or who it was about. I'm mostly focused on moving into my new home and once I unpack everything, I should finally be at peace.