Chapter 8: If You Do That, It'd End Up As A Crime Scene

Akari's POV

It has been a few days since Shigure and I came back to our talking term again. The awkwardness between us has lessened and none of us dared to bring up the kiss we shared on the White Day in our conversations. But for some reason, Shigure seemed different after that incident between us. He was giving me more affection and attention than he usually gave me and I still couldn't figure out why. Not just only that, nowadays he doesn't visit the Sohma estate and Akito much often like before. Rather he spent his spare time with me.

Right now, I was in the living room with him discussing something really important.

"You know, I met Mayu the other day..." I stated as I kept the book aside which I was reading.

"You met Mayu?" Shigure asked, looking up from the newspaper he was reading.

I nodded my head in response.

"Yeah, and she informed me that Kana's wedding will be held on the day just after the Golden Week is starting. As Kana is a Sohma, so it's obvious that we all will get an invitation to her wedding." I stated.

"Are you attending the wedding?" he asked.

"No." I shook my head. "Rather I want to be by Hatori's side and give all my support to him. He needs us, Shigure."

"How about we go on a trip?" Shigure suggested. "That might keep Haa-san's mind off from Kana and her wedding and also the kids' school will remain close because of the Golden Week, so it'll be easier for us to go on a trip anyway."

"Okay, but where are we going for the trip?" I asked.

"Where do you wanna go?" he asked back.

I thought for a moment before speaking up.

"The Sohma Lake House? It's been years since we visited that place and plus Tohru might love it." I responded.

"Sohma Lake House it is then!" he announced with a bright grin, making me chuckle in response.

Then later Kyo walked into the room and looked at me.

"Hey, Akari, what's for lunch?" Kyo asked.

"I didn't prepare anything yet. Tohru and Yuki went to the garden to pick up some vegetables. Once they return with them, I'll start cooking." I replied.

"Okay." Kyo nodded.

Shigure stood up and handed Kyo some chives.

"Until then, snack on this." Shigure grinned.

Kyo threw the chives on the floor.

"Are you trying to kill me?!" Kyo yelled.

"Kyo-kun, don't waste food like that!" Shigure exclaimed.

I sighed and shook my head. Suddenly, I heard heavy footsteps coming towards the living room. I looked up to see Yuki holding a... snake?!

Wait, isn't that Ayame?!

What the hell is he doing here?!

Yuki shoved the snake into Shigure's face.

"You want lunch? Here, skin this and eat it!" Yuki hissed.

Shigure looked closer at Ayame. I saw Kyo tense in the corner. He could tell how angry Yuki was. Tohru also joined us within a few seconds later.

"Is that Aya? It is! But what is he doing out here?" Shigure asked.

"Never mind. Just skin this thing and eat it." Yuki said, going back to glowering at his older brother.

"Let's all calm down, okay, Yuki-kun?" Shigure tried to calm Yuki down.