Chapter 13: Are You Really This Stupid?

Akari's POV

The summer had already started and I was thinking about where to take the kids during this vacation.

It was already late in the evening with a heavy storm passing by outside and I was in the living room with Yuki, Tohru, and Shigure as we were all drinking a cup of tea.

"It's a pretty big storm." Tohru stated.

"Yeah, it's getting worse." Yuki responded.

"They appear on days... like today." Shigure spoke up while reading his newspaper.

"What do you mean?" Tohru asked.

"During summer around these parts, they appear." Shigure responded with a mischievous grin on his stupid face.

I rolled my eyes at him while Yuki looked at him with irritation. Lighting went off outside and Tohru literally jumped in the air and started to tremble in fear.

"Uh... er... what will appear?" she asked meekly.

"Tohru, don't listen to him." I sighed. "He's just messing with you."

Then all of a sudden, someone slid the door of the living room open and Tohru let out a loud shriek. I looked over and noticed Momiji at the doorway with a huge grin on his face.

"That's why... we're gonna blast our way outta here tomorrow!" Momiji exclaimed excitedly.

"Y-You scared me!" Tohru stuttered.

"So where are we going?" Yuki asked.

"Remember we said we'd go hang out together?" Momiji asked. "And so, I reserved one of the Sohma's vacation houses, so we're all going on a summer getaway tomorrow!"

"What, tomorrow?" Tohru exclaimed in surprise. "Vacation house?! A summer getaway?!"

"He planned without asking people again." Yuki sighed, slightly frowning.

"A secretary getaway huh..." Shigure sighed dreamily. "I could use one of those."

"And he's off in his own fantasy." Yuki deadpanned at him.

"Shigure, stop being a perv." I frowned at him.

"No need to be jealous, Akari-chan~" Shigure said teasingly with a smirk. "Besides you'll accompany me in this getaway and we'll do-"

I quickly cut him off by smacking his head.

"Shut up!" I hissed.

Momiji nagged Tohru to tag along in the trip saying that he invited almost everyone in this getaway.

"Come on... Say yes, Tohru." I smiled warmly at her. "Everyone's going to the trip, right? It'll be really fun, I promise."

"If you want to go, Tohru-kun, you should go." Shigure added, smiling as well.

"O-Okay! I'd love to go!" Tohru smiled widely and nodded her head, making me chuckle at her.

Momiji got more excited and he and Tohru started to make different plans on what they were going to do.

"Sounds fun. We might go, too." Shigure stated, looking at me. "What do you say, Akari?"

"Yeah, we might." I smiled, nodding my head.

"Really? Yeah, you two should come!" Momiji cheered.

"Yeah!" I chuckled in response.

"You don't have work, Shigure?" Yuki asked.

"Nope!" Shigure squealed excitedly.

"That makes me not believe you and pisses me off, so stop." Yuki deadpanned.