Chapter 14: People Change

Akari's POV

Shigure and I had finally reached our destination; the beach. Hatori also reached there just a few hours before us.

The kids were staying over at the Sohma vacation house on a hilltop near the beach, while Shigure, Hatori, and I would be staying over at Akito's place with her and Kureno.

"Wouldn't you want to meet the kids?" Shigure asked, as he and I stepped out of the car and walked into the vacation house we were staying at. "I'm going to the beach right now to greet them."

"Maybe later. Right now, I'm really tired. I want to rest for a while." I sighed, rubbing my eyes.

The servants took our luggage bags to our neat and tidy shared bedroom which was arranged by the maids, way before we had arrived there. The maids led us to our bedroom and left immediately after Shigure and I settled down.

"Shared bedroom?" I raised an eyebrow.

Shigure came closer to me with a smirk on his face and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"If we've to show off our relationship to everyone, we should start it by sharing the same room and the same bed~." He cooed, pecking my lips. "And also making love all night~."

"Shigure, you sly dog." I chuckled softly and rested my head on his chest. "But right now, I'm really tired."

Shigure chuckled and gently patted my head, making me look up at him again.

"Okay, then fresh up and get some rest. I'll see you in the afternoon. Bye, darling." He smiled at me.

"Okay, bye, babe." I smiled back at him.

He kissed my lips passionately one last time before walking out of the room and closing the door.

After Shigure left, I then went to the bathroom, took a quick cold shower, and put on some new fresh clothes. Later I came back to our bedroom, crashed on the bed, and slowly dozed off within a few seconds.

When I woke up from my slumber, it was already afternoon. I got up from the bed, went to the bathroom, and washed my face. I then went to the dining room and had my lunch which was prepared by the maids.

After that, I thought of taking a walk at the beach. I went out and slowly made my way down the street. As I walked by my own on the street and enjoyed the view of the ocean which was a bit far away from where I was, I suddenly noticed Akito and Kureno with Yuki on the other side of the street.

I frowned slightly when I noticed Akito was whispering something in Yuki's ear and Yuki looked really dejected. After talking to him, she walked away with Kureno following her from behind.

When they left, I walked up to Yuki with a smile.

"Yuki." I called out, slowly approaching him.

He looked up at me and smiled a bit.

"Nee-san, you're here." he responded.

"Yuki, drop this fake smile of yours." I sighed as I stood in front of him. "I just saw you with Aniki. It's obvious that he said something that saddened you a lot, right?"

"How could you tell just by looking at things, Nee-san?" he chuckled.

"I just can." I smiled, ruffling his hair. "Just remember, Yuki. You're not a sad lonely child. You aren't some Aniki's toy; rather you're your own person who deserves all the happiness, freedom, and love in the world. So you don't need to remember your dark past, you don't need to go back to that dark room, and most especially you don't need to go back to Aniki. You're not alone anymore."