Chapter 25: A Mother Like You

Akari's POV

"And look what we have here." I chuckled as a certain individual walked into my hospital room. "Looks like you guys miss me that much, huh?"

"Of course we miss you, Nee-san." Yuki smiled as he took a seat on a chair beside my bed.

"Kyo and Arisa visited me yesterday." I stated, leaning back against my pillow. "I was thinking when you would come as well."

"Kyo came here?" Yuki asked, blinking in confusion.

"Yep." I sighed. "He came here after he had a fight with you. He wanted some solutions to his problems. Today, he's going over to meet his father at the Sohma estate."

"He's actually going there?" Yuki asked in surprise. "I thought he never wanted to face his father ever again."

"To move forward in life, to do something better in the future, at first he needs to deal with his past issues and traumas. Kyo needs to overcome them." I noted out.

"I guess you're right, Nee-san." Yuki sighed, slowly nodding his head.

"I hope everything goes okay. But knowing Kyo's father, their meeting might not go well... I just hope he doesn't lose his shit and hurt Kyo..." I mumbled in a soft tone before letting out a heavy sigh. "Anyway, how're Tohru and Shigure?"

"They're doing okay." Yuki replied. "Didn't Shigure come over to visit you yesterday?"

"He did, in the morning. After that, I couldn't talk to him the whole day. I was too busy reading my favorite manga, you know." I stated.

"I see..." Yuki chuckled. "I heard you'll be staying over at Hatori's place until your delivery. Is it true?"

"In Hatori's eyes, Shigure is useless." I giggled. "And you know Hatori. He gets really overprotective about anything that revolves around me."

"Can't blame him though... Hatori's like an older brother to you, after all." Yuki smiled. "So, you're getting discharged today?"

"Yeah." I grinned with such happiness. "I was getting really bored in the hospital anyway."

"Feeling homesick, huh? Are you sure you would be okay at Hatori's place?" he asked.

"Yeah." I nodded my head. "Besides, Aneki, Kureno, Kazuma-san, Kiyomi-san, and Hiro's mother Satsuki-san are all going to be there as well. So, I don't think I would face any problem if I stay at the estate."

"Well, if anything happens, don't hesitate to call me or Shigure." Yuki said. "We would take you back to our home anytime you want."

"Thanks for your concern, Yuki." I smiled as I reached out and ruffled his silver locks affectionately.

Yuki smiled back before his gaze slowly fell on my tummy.

"Yesterday, after my fight with Kyo, I was feeling a bit down the entire day, and because of that, I came to visit you today. Besides, I can't wait to meet your baby, Nee-san. I bet the baby's gonna be a cute one given that you're the mother." Yuki muttered.

"Aww, you think I'm cute? Thanks, Yuki. I'm flattered!" I giggled while a small blush started to form on Yuki's cheeks.

"Of course, you are." He muttered out in a shy manner, looking down at his hands. "And also, the baby's lucky to have you as its mother. You're warm and kind. You always try your best to help others around you..."

Yuki then looked up at me.

"Do you remember the time you saved me from my mother?" Yuki asked. "It was during the New Year's Eve..."