Eggy

I yawned...if that's spiderly possible at least. Oh, I'm in charge of the body.

[Yes, I transferred control immediately after you woke up.]

Hmm, what can I say? My behind is really, really comfortable right now. So, maybe, just a little more sle-

[I believe it'd be best to wake up.]

Aha. What a short lived fantasy. It reminds me of the days I was a high-school student, where I had to wake up despite needing more sleep.

Ah, the pain I had to endure!

Moving on, Mono-san, you probably kept track of time while I was asleep. With that in mind, about how many hours was I out?

[About a day.]

...I have unlocked the ways of the bears. That ladies and gents, is what I call hibernating! 

[...]

Wait, wait...a day? Then why aren't we hungry? Did you eat something? Don't tell me...

[Yes, I ate 2 frogs.]

Ah, I shouldn't have asked. It's good that we're not starving, of course. Well, at least I was unconscious.

Thank you, Mono-san.

[You're welcome.]

Eh, I sometimes feel like you're a robot with automated responses. But then again, I enjoy your company regardless.

For the time being, I should let Mono-san rest and put myself to the test, by hunting with my best.

-!?

[Kumoko, stay on guard. The threads are moving irregularly, a different reaction from frogs.]

New prey, huh? That's good. Though, I hope it doesn't taste too weird. This is no time to be sleeping.

I promptly lifted my body up, crawled towards a small hole, and poked my head out... Huh? Are my eyes deceiving me? Are those humans?! We can't show ourselves, right?

[Correct.]

Then what do we do? Eliminate them? Trap them in our webs? I know, how about the F.E.A.R. strategy?

[F.E.A.R. strategy? Enlighten me.]

fuck everything and run

[...No. The most optimal way to approach this is by-]

Wait, I smell something burning...

Oh.

Looks like Mono-san's in control again...That being said, why are we running like some fugitive? Haha! My genius strikes again! We really are using the F.E.A.R. strat!

Uhh... forget my genius, we're being roasted!!

Stop! Our webs are scorching! No! I looked back to the humans, and found one of them igniting our webs with their hands. I see, a pyromaniac. Makes sense.

Wait, no! Mono-san, what do we do?!

[We can't kill anyone, since the fires are hindering our movements.]

Wait, why is he burning himself?! Did he lose control of the fire or something? A new fetish? Nevermind that, we should use our escape route!

[That's what we've been doing all along though.]

Oh yeah, didn't realize that. Mono-san really is reliable. I looked back and spotted the man lying down, burning to death. Where'd his teammates go though?

[They have most likely left their burden.]

That's pretty cold. A-Anyway, what are those beside him? An egg? A weirdly colored one at that.