CHAPTER 9- Professionalism is her Second name

Thank you readers!

Thanks to all my readers and supporters for making this book reach till here. Thanks for 1 K Reads. Keep supporting and motivating me. To double my happiness, please comment and vote. This chapter is a thank you gift from my side. 🎉🎉🥳

 4000 words.....Grab your snacks and enjoy....Do share your reading experience 

____________________________________________________________________________

Siddarth's POV

After completing the sketch, she turned the page towards me and with a whole lot of excitement in her eyes she asked "Does it look nice?" and I smiled and answered "Perfect". I am definitely not a designer or a creative personality but her unique design of a wonderful saree made me realise that she is way more creative than people think. I don't know what was more perfect, her design or her excitement.

"This is my best pass time...Designing and sketching...I loved it since I was a teenager but---" she said with lot of emotions running in her eyes and a nostalgic smile played on her lips but suddenly her smile faltered and she continued "But one day dad saw it and tore my design book."

"Why?" I asked out of curiosity and she smiled again and answered "He thought I will spoil my studies if I go on making such designs which are of no use and I tried to assure him that my passion will never come in between my studies but he wasn't convinced."

"He was worried that the school topper and university topper, the Riya shekhawat would compromise with her studies for her passion. I am not going to believe this reason of yours" I told her as the world knows that she was a studious personality since her childhood through her profile. She nodded and said "Well... Well...Mr Roy, you are definitely the shark of business world as people say because you sense the reality hidden in the mirage. Yes, even I cross questioned him and got the real answer that if I continue this passion, it may become my choice of career which he cannot afford as he always wanted me to help him with his business. As a stupid teenager I questioned him that why can't di handle business instead of me? Why do you not stop her when she pursues her passion of dancing?".

I smiled as she called me the shark of the business world, though it's not new but listening from her is like a very big deal which I have realised just now but I don't like it when she calls me Mr. Roy. It's way too formal. She is not some business associate or employee to call me so formally. I got to notice one more thing that she hides herself behind that beautiful smile of hers which doesn't reach her eyes. I asked her "And what was his answer?" in a serious tone.

"She is not interested in business and my daughter has the right to choose her career" she answered with a tinge of sadness in her tone but her smile stuck to her face as if it wasn't a big deal. His father called her sister his daughter but why did he not understand that her second daughter had the equal rights to choose her career.

"I argued but he never paid any heed because even as a teenage girl I used to give him ideas in business and his business grew due to this reason. He wanted to make me the managing director and give di the position of CEO but I found a loophole and convinced him that I will pursue a fashion designing course along with the business management studies and he agreed after a lot of persuasion. This gave rise to 'Glamour', my own fashion house" she told me with a proud smile and I realised that she loves her work as she has earned it. Her confession gave rise to questions like then how did she evade working as a managing director and how did she handle everything but I asked only one question "Why does your dad ignore your preference? Why does he not treat you like he treats Neha?"