𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓱𝓲𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓷 𝓫𝓻𝓲𝓭𝓮

Hey people!

With the end of this journey of Our version of love, your author is up with a new book called "THE HIDDEN BRIDE" which is the sequel to The Alternative Bride featuring the story of Aditya Roy and Reeva Singhania. It can be read as a standalone romance. Theirs is a tale of a unique kind of bond where you witness love in its purest form with a mystery never felt before. The girl loathes the concept of marriage while the boy is about to get married to someone who is not her. The chaos unfolds but destiny sets its foot down as it ensures they come together to either earn their forever or fall apart due to forces of hidden truths. Join me in this journey as we uncover another tale of heavenly emotions. My every work is incomplete without your support because you both add meaning to my words. I just wave the wand of words, you make the magic happen.

[SHE COULD ESCAPE ANYTHING BUT HIS LOVE]

Here's the prologue:

*********

With reckless abandon, she danced around the stage to the tunes of the peppy song. Her hidden frustrations heightened by the sedation were flamed as she slowly started swaying to her inner desires. She forgot everything and simply put all her energy into disappearing into the shades of drunk people following a sequence of incoherent steps. Nick, the man behind her subconscious state, smirked as he saw his plan coming to life. He forwarded his arms to wrap around her waist with his eyes full of lust when he was suddenly hit by a sharp object and carried away by bulky men. A pair of masculine hands engulfed her petite frame tenderly from behind. She wasn't in her senses but knew when the limits were being crossed. That wasn't the case over here. He felt like a caress full of warmth.

She didn't look back to see the man holding her as she enjoyed the sensations coursing through her body. His tightening hold left no space for her to escape as he swayed with her, touching her in ways no other man was allowed to touch. As she leaned back, taking in more of his enchanting woody scent, he whispered in her ears, holding her bare thighs and pushing her more to himself, "Remember this touch, love. Engrave it in your soul. If it's not these hands doing things to your body, then it's dangerous. It's dangerous for their existence"

His words full of possessive passion made her gasp in outrage, but she played low, ignoring them, knowing she was never going to be back to this place again tomorrow. His hooded eyes darkened as he looked at the door from where a badly beaten Nick was being taken away. He smirked as he looked at his woman giggling in his arms, unaware of the storms she was brewing around in his heart. Every man who dares to touch you in an unholy manner would meet his end in the cruelest way possible. He promised himself.

She suddenly slipped away from his arms as her phone beeped in her pocket. Before he could chase her, she had pushed people into his way, realizing the threat due to the substance injected into her system. She didn't know why the unknown man's arms felt intoxicating enough for her to forget the danger looming in her head. For the first time in her life, she felt safe for those minutes spent with him. The master of the art of running might have bowed to her in shame, as she knew every nook and corner of the bar that was hidden from the public eye.

Fuck! She hissed as footsteps chased her down the empty corridor. She knew her drugged state wouldn't let her fight the demons wanting to capture her. Her breath came out in nervous pants as she realized how close her predators were. It took all her strength to fight against the nausea and faint spells the drug started casting. Now even walking a few steps was a chore for her, and she knew that the waiter had spiked her beverage for a specific purpose that would be satisfied once she gave in. Trying to keep awake with cold water splashes a few minutes ago was of no use as drowsiness was kicking in.

Quickly calculating the time to reach the exit in her head, she knew her doom was near. Her blurry eyes were determined to fight until either life left her or her opponents, as she was cornered by men looking at her like she was their next meal. Taking her stance, she was leaning against the wall to steady herself when a man pounced on her to cage her. She quietly rolled aside, letting his head crash into the rigid structure, letting him injure himself gravely.

Another whoosh of light-headedness left her unable to fight. The angry bulky partner of the injured man attacked her with a knife, making her close her eyes in fear. Instead of agonizing pain, she was met with a soft pair of lips on her forehead, making her eyes open in shock. The mask was still covering her face, and her eyes met his. As they gazed down warmly at her, she found herself swept up in their captivating charm. She found it difficult to keep her eyes open, but asked, "Why?" She knew the knife was now drawing blood from him instead of her.

"Meri cheezon ki hafazat karna meri zimmedari hai aur aapse keemati mere liye iss duniya mein kuch nahi hai (Protecting my most precious possessions is my responsibility, and there is nothing more precious than you to me)," he said as he caught her before she could lose herself to the effect of the dirty ploy. He made her lie down properly and covered her with his coat. Kissing her forehead he muttered, "Sleep, love. You are safe"

His men overtook the situation as they captured the goons wanting to kill her and made them sit on their knees. His right-hand man quickly treated the knife wound as much as possible.

"Isn't she the famous singer, Eva Khanna?" One of his men whispered to another. The man looked at them fiercely before holding the throat of the speaker in a chokehold, making him cry in fear.

"Mrs. Aditya Roy. It's Mrs. Aditya Roy for you. Don't you dare address her with any other name. I am leaving you this time, but next time you'll be buried 6 ft under this ground," he said, leaving the man and walking away with his woman securely sleeping in his arms, knowing she would forget all this the coming day.

******

So how's the prologue?

The first chapter is out now. You can check out the story in my profile. Shower them with comments to show the 'Josh' and get me the vibe. I am eagerly waiting to get your reviews as once again I am here with something new.

Do read the book to get to know if it screams, 'As expected from Ms. Bhatia' *wink*

Thanks for always being my support system and loving my work. Give my new book a shot and I hope I will manage to earn a place in your hearts through that book as well.

Book name: The Hidden Bride

Love!

Ms. Bhatia