4. angry sandwich

— mina

i rarely bumped into him before the carnival? why am i seeing him everywhere now?

everywhere i go i somehow manage to spot that specific figure within the crowd. is this the saying where it says the more one grows conscious of someone, the more you notice them ? — thats not possible, i don't like kim seungmin. i'm just getting dragged into his antics. it's not my fault i get flustered. i'm not used to any form of physical contact with anyone !

yes, i don't have a thing for kim seungmin.

— seungmin

she's avoiding me.

it was obvious the way she turned her head, very much aggressively, when we made any form of eye-contact on campus. though, her tinted red cheeks and ears did not go unnoticed. i'm unsure whether to find it cute or to be offended by her gestures. i don't have any of my classes with her so i am slightly frustrated that i can't confront her.

oh wait, lunch.

— mina

i successfully managed to avoid him the whole day.

i gave myself a pat on the shoulder as i walked to my usual spot and plopped myself down behind this trusty old tree. i tried to focus on my lunch but butterflies kept creeping up my stomach the more i tried to forget about him.

what if he comes ? why would he come ? he's just gonna annoy me again. he won't come so just eat your damn lunch mina !

— seungmin

as i watched her munch on with her cheeks stuffed and eyebrows furrowing into her forehead i couldn't help but chuckle out loud.

i walked up to her but i didn't want her to run away from me again so i sneaked up from behind. i was on the opposite side of the tree to where she was. i sat myself down on the grass and slowly shuffled myself next to her.

i gently tapped her on her shoulder and she turned her head to meet me. i smiled at her reddening and flustered face.

> hi

>> why-why are you here?

something about her increased my urge to tease her.

> hmm? is it wrong for me to spend time with you?

i said while slowly nearing myself closer to her face.

she pushed my face away and hid her face away from me. self-satisfication washed through me as i saw tints of red appear on her face and ears.

she propped herself back up and dared not make any form of eye contact with me, instead she focused back towards her lunch.

> why were you avoiding me today?

i could tell she was slightly taken aback by the question but i really was curious if i did cross any form of line with her.

— mina

why was i avoiding him? i can't think of a reason to give. i couldn't bear to look at him in the eyes. all i could do was look down at my lunch.

>> mina? did i do something wrong?

> stop hugging me

i mumbled. he seemed to not have clearly heard what i said so i repeated,

> stop hugging me. i dont like it

>> im sorry-

> it feels weird. im not used to it. and every time u hug me i feel weird

it all came out in one quick breath. i didn't hear a reply for a good 20 seconds. i got worried with the sudden silence. so, i decided to take a peak at his face.

he looked shocked. i was shocked by what i was seeing. he was bright red from his ears to his neck. our eyes met unexpectedly and we both turned our heads away out of embarrassment.

> are you gonna say anything ?

i quietly asked as i slowly turned my head to meet his gaze.

he seemed to have calm down slightly and gave his signature puppy smile. he gave me a pat on the head, not missing a chance to ruffle my hair.

>> alright, i won't do it out of nowhere anymore

he replied gently

all i could do was mutter back a little "mhm" as a reply