2. lunch

— mina

school is boring as per usual. i'm sitting in class right now, staring at the clock waiting for it to strike 1pm. i want to eat my lunch asap.

the bell finally rang and we exited the classroom. i walked to my locker to grab my lunch.

> where the hell is it?  oh my god you idiot,,

i mumbled to myself as i rummaged through my bag. out of all the days, why must it be today??

i hadn't eaten a single thing today.

i sighed.

with heavy footsteps, i grabbed my phone and walked over to the courtyard and claimed my spot under the tree. yes, the same tree from before.

i hugged my knees and started sulking by myself. the best part i only had 2 dollars with me so i practically couldn't buy anything from the cafeteria.

i tried taking a small nap under the tree hoping that it would make me forget about the hunger im experiencing right now.

i groaned in frustration. this hunger is killing me.

i gave up and just stared into the sky. watching the blue skies.

— seungmin

i was walking with felix with our lunches in hand, heading over to our usual spot.

i turned my head and i spotted that same girl from the carnival. she was looking up.

i looked in the direction she was looking, i guess she was starring at the sky.

she looked kind of pale and sad ?

> and it's gonn— seungmin, seungmin?? you still with me bro ?

   >> oh sorry,, what were you saying again ?

> i was just telling you the details of the upcoming party this friday

i nodded. i peeled my attention of her and to felix. i couldn't help but glance at her every step we took.

i just gave up and told felix to get ahead first and that i needed to do something. he was confused but he said okay.

i rushed towards the tree, to her.

she still hasn't seem to notice me yet.

i stood in front of her.

> hey

   >> OH MY— oh it's just you.

> well that's mean

   >> you're the one who came out of nowhere and jumped at me !

> hmph. anyways, where's your lunch ?

i asked sheepishly.

she mumbled back a reply. i just made a confused face.

   >> i left my lunch at home okay. happy now ?

she pouted.

> do you want mine ?

i said as i handed my lunch bag right in front of her.

   >> wait really ?! ugh- i mean like are you sure ?

the moment she said that, i heard her stomach grumble.

i giggled.

i looked down at her and nodded. her face brightened up in an instant.

she stood up, now being on the same level as me. she tried grabbing the lunch bag but i pulled away. she tried again but i kept moving my hand, dodging.

she groaned in frustration.

> not so easy. you need to pay a price.

   >> whaaat. i only have like two bucks dude.

> you don't need money.

   >> then what do you want ?

> a hug.

— mina

what the hell is going on with this dude ?

i was frozen at my spot. i stared into his eyes making sure he wasn't playing with me or anything.

no hint of teasing. he was really serious.

i'm having a mental breakdown right now.

hug and lunch ? or no hug and no lunch ?

> fine

i mumbled.

he extended his arms and pulled me into his embrace. i could feel the heat rising to my cheeks.

he released his grip and gave me his lunch bag. i couldn't even look at his face.

like who the heck just comes out of nowhere and hugs you ?

   >> see you later !

he said as he ruffled my hair and ran away,

well that definitely wasn't awkward.