Highway to Hell

Chapter 16

Yuri loved the floors up leading up to the 35th floor...Pandora and Lero-Ro, not so much.

It all began when they happened to face off against a rather average regular who just so happened to be in possession of a rather important piece of paper- The Express Ticket. The ticket which allowed the holder (and their lackeys) to go aboard the Hell Train on the 35th floor.

As the name suggests, it was common knowledge that the Hell Train was not a welcome nor a good place to go...and yet the tantalizing offers and chances the train offered despite the dangers, risks, and unspoken horrors which awaited within brought challengers to its gate cycle after cycle.

The Hell Train Express is a special exam (or test) for D-Rank regulars (those who have passed the 30th floor) offered on the 35th floor. Created by the Workshop, a mysterious organization which existed before even Jahad and his empire, the behemoth of a train serves as a shortcut in which regulars could take up to the 44th floor.

Due to its fast speed and efficiency, it was no doubt why regulars flocked to the train like moths to a fire despite its name-stake. There was a reason why it was called the Hell train after all. Tests while going up the floors were known to be brutal and the environment in which the regulars were forced to take the tests and live in were nothing short of horrendous.

Despite this, Yuri only seemed to take it as a challenge.

"Come on! We can beat the crap out of this Sachi or whatever! HAHAHAHA!" She would say or something along the line before turning to nag Lero to try and convince him to lead the team to the train.

In all honesty, Pandora didn't see much value in going on the train. Their team was already climbing the tower at a speed even other Princesses would turn green from envy not to mention their stability in doing so. On each floor they continued to get stronger, learned new techniques, and gathered information about the tests on the next floor.

On the Hell Train, most sources of information would not only be blocked out and unavailable but the rush of the tests would only be annoying for them. Pandora (as well as Lero) would rather take the safe and secure way to the higher floors. No use in risking their lives in a device created by an organization which wants to become god. Jahad and the ten family heads steered clear (except Gustang) of that organization for good reason.

Shame...as things never went as planned.

... ...

"Yuri! I told you to drop that ticket!" Lero yelled at the black haired princess as he impaled yet another reckless regular with his needle.

"Well come on! Are you going to throw away all the fun??! Besides, aren't you guys curious about what's in that place?" Yuri replied as she crushed in the skull of a poor regular who , unsurprisingly, tried his luck for the Express Ticket.

"It's going to be the same but with less rest and hygiene." Pandora bluntly stated as she calmly sliced off the remaining fools who approached their group. As she sliced off the man's head, she saw a piece of paper sticking out of the man's pocket.

*sigh...*

"Woohoo! Another ticket baby! Now we really have to go!" Yuri exclaimed as she immediately snatched it before Pandora or Lero could slice/lose it.

"Listen Yuri. If that was a ticketer then there really isn't much use in going on the train, is there? It's going to be the same old same old." Lero tried to reason but both he and Pandora already knew Yuri wouldn't bend.