Khun Aguero Agnis

Chapter 21: Extra Chapter

... ...

Centuries Later

POV Khun Aguero Agnis

No words were enough to describe the hate he felt for this family...no, his father. There were very few which he could name that came even close to the amount of hate he felt for his biological father.

Khun Eduan...the legendary Spear Bearer, the Warrior, the head of the Khun family as one of the 10 Great Families of the Tower. To many both in the family and outside, his father was a living god.

Residents of the outer tower revered him as a divine being while those who dwelled in the middle and inner areas had respect or fear for the man. Regardless of whom, the name 'Khun' demanded attention and power.

He knew that hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of others would kill to have a bloodline like his. To have the blood of a god flowing through his very veins...but few realized the struggle and the pains to live within the Khun family.

In truth, he knew that some other Great families struggled the same way as the Khun family did. It was a natural process as the leaders took many partners throughout their eternity and their blood spread throughout the tower. An organizational family was formed...and while the Ten leaders themselves could not care less, it was a poisoned nest within the family. A game of politics for power, fame, attention, and in most cases...survival.

It was common knowledge that the 'Ha' family was divided in two by the first two children of the matriarch of the family; Ha Yuri. Despite this, the family still managed to stick together in times of importance bringing 'honor' as a word to describe the Ha family.

Meanwhile the reputations the Khun family have earned were along the sides of 'douchebags' and 'scheming bastards'. Not entirely inaccurate considering the environment they were forced to grow in, learn in, and survive in. Their hostile and uncaring personality was a result of the many attempts of trickery...tricks that often lead to the downfall of their family and influence. Their scheming reputation came from the necessity to outwit the others, eliminate others before they remove yours.

It was hell.

Through researching about the 'Arie' family, he managed to find that the family was mostly broken into a single 'Main' branch of the family and an alliance of all the other branches. It seemed as if the fights and rivalry between the two main factions were bloody to say the least...but in a family so focused on the way of the sword, there was little trickery, backstabbing, and cruelty beyond what was necessary.

To his knowledge, there was no family worse in division than the 'Khun' family. With famous rankers from the family returning to create new branches in which would inevitably fall into the game for power. There were many branches and individuals who had tried to avoid playing the 'game' altogether but the results forced the rest to continue playing...as did those who came after.

Those who did not play were ripped apart like bleeding chickens in a pond full of divine pirañas. Helpless members were killed, influential members eliminated entirely, leaders exiled from the family, and their money and any form of materials goods they had-seized.

It would not be as bad should the family head, Eduan, simply not care at all...it was exactly due to the fact that his cursed father found the conflicts entertaining that the fights, backstabbing, and the game continued to roll.

The Spear Lord took many wives, countless wives. The ones he had 'married' alone numbered over 3,000 and the countless bastards across the Tower...such was the number that the exact number was unknown.