Names and Revolution

Chapter 23

"Let me tell you something, my daughter. This tower we live in is a cruel dark place. It is a never-ending place which is unjust as the promises it makes. There is but one rule that is enforced universally in this cruel tower we live in. Might Makes Right. Never forget it, never doubt it."

-Arie Hon to his daughter Pandora.

The darkness lasted for less than an eternity, or perhaps it was just hat she had grown accustomed to the endless waiting.

Waiting for salvation from the Olympians to free her from her eternal torment of curiosity.

Waiting for death in her deathless state.

Waiting in death for the path to open...a path which remained closed for all others.

The passage of time no longer held her in the same sense as it once did, especially when all her senses were taken away.

"Wake up, Tower's Champion."

A rumbling voice split the darkness as light entered his visions. The fog in the mind cleared as she woke up to the same scene she remembered last. A low-lighting chamber (shaped like a Rice Pot) with nothing inside...except herself and the giant.

The God of Guardians, as he had introduced himself, was still crouching down as he examined her with his large yellow eyes. Eyes so large that she could possibly fit between the eyelids.

"It seems you have succeeded." The giant sighed in relief. What was there to worry about if he didn't? "It seems you will bring good to the tower after all. Like Mazino."

Mazino...Urek Mazino?

The legendary Irregular who set the record pace for climbing the tower. The Self-Proclaimed Unbeatable Champion of the Tower...and also the only other person to have passed father's test other than sister Hagipherone.

That...Urek Mazino?

"You know him?" She whispered to the giant.

"Of course I do. I taught him...here." The giant pointed his index finger down. "In this very spot, he beat me up before I convinced him to try and take the Revolution Road."

Revolution. Revolution Road.

The giant had repeated these words too many times for her to count now. Although she understood that it was supposed to get her more power, she didn't fully understand what it was.

What was it that the giant had made her go through? Why did she see that version of herself...why did she have to face off against herself?

"I can sense your confusion, young champion." The unblinking yellow eyes burrowed into hers. Almost causing physical pain to keep contact. "But it is also my purpose, my reason, and creation."

Creation...this giant was created. Not born...created. Just like her. Created to serve a certain function, to be a tool for another.

"Now listen carefully...of irregulars and the purpose of revolutions."

... ...

With Yuri Jahad and Quant Blitz, The Name Hunt Station

The Bridge

The Princess stood over the piled bodies of nearly a hundred downed regulars...or the no-names as they were called.

In the face of a mob (of a hundred regulars) charging with no regards for their own safety or thought, one happened to learn quickly of what was happening. The cause of all this madness just so happened to be a tradition originating from the journeys from the ten great families.