20

* not edited but i thought it was better to post them let it sit in my drafts

Half hidden behind, a fortress of books was Seren. Matthew spotted the top of her raven head, and knew exactly who it was; despite the tower of books blocking her face.

He'd been thinking of that face all morning; of her dark almond eyes and her pink lips- ever so soft against his cheek. For almost twenty-four hours he'd thought of her and only her.

And now here she was.

She shot up from her seat eyes scanning almost causing the books to topple off the table. Eyes sc

Seren shot up as soon as Thomas spoke, eyes scanning over the heard of trend stood by the door till finally her gaze landed on the two boys on the edge the group. Her eyes seemed to fill with a glimmer of joy, that made him question how much of that light was caused by him and how much was reserved for -- "Christopher!" She beckoned for the boy to join her at the round table.

"I've been doing what I do best and before you say it no, not eating." Slyly, she pushed a crumb filled napkin behind one of the many books littering the table. Christopher opened his mouth to reply but Seren best him to it "And no it wasn't fighting. Here take a look at this and tell me if you think I'm insane."

Christopher took the journal from her hands and began to flick through the many pages of scribblings
— Seren was known for many things but organisation wasn't one. "I wouldn't guess fighting. There's clearly not enough space for that."

"No room is too small for a brawl." Seren teased.

"I must say admit, I'm not much of an art critique but it's decent I suppose. And I'm sure most people would agree there's nothing insane in exploring possible talents."

Seren looked to Christopher, with a face of utter bewilderment. "Huh?"

"The picture you wanted me to look at." He turned the page toward her." I might have more to say if, I could actually figure out what it is. Some sort of flower—A rose ? No-no a carnation!"

Seren snatched the journal from Christopher grasp. It was a simple explanation. No need for her to get so flustered. She'd drawn it out of boredom. A simple doodle of a flower. Except it was no ordinary flower, it was his. And in admitting aloud that she'd drawn such a thing absent mindedly, she'd be admitting to both Christopher and herself that; when her head was free from thoughts it had recently formed a habit of wandering to Matthew, whether it be his damn carnation or his forest green eyes.

Hastily she fumbled through the pages, till she found the page marked with a black ribbon." You know Kit, most people would look to the page marker." She handed the journal back. "This is what I was talking about."

Christopher made a show of taking off his glasses and cleaning them on his untucked shirt, blinking owlishly once he put them on again. "It's about the shards?"

"Don't say anything until you read it all."
Knowing her hasty scribblings weren't the most legible, Seren fell back into the chair and gave Christopher a moment to read.

In the time she'd spent talking with Christopher, the group had spread across the room; James was perched on the arm of the couch having what looked like a meaningful conversation with Thomas, Lucie was stood admiring one of the few paintings in the room that hadn't been destroyed by stray darts, Matthew was in his usual state sipping carelessly from his flask as if the sun hadn't rise just a few hours ago.

It was Cordelia looking curiously at the scarce bookshelf, that peaked Seren's interest."It's quite a collection isn't it?" Joked, Seren." I promise it's usually a lot more organised. I hope my clutter hasn't tainted your impression of us, we're not the slobbish type."