Prince Rhaegar Targaryen

Elia of Dorne never understood why his husband, Prince Rhaegar, acted so strangely melancholic every time he was around her. She was her lady wife of a noble house after all and she gave him everything he ever wanted - or would have, if he wanted her, but he never seem to be interested in her that way. Sometimes he dutifully did what was expected of him in the bedroom, nothing more though. He never said any kind words or he never caressed her gently, the way she imagined her husband would. Rhaegar was distant and she felt like she was losing him with every passing day. And she was right about that - only she didn't know someone else was winning him.

That someone was you. The daughter of a noble lord. You were still young and fresh and your lord father decided to preserve you for someone more suitable than your suitors at the time. He was disappointed when he heard the Prince had married, but he soon got over it. Unlike his daughter, Lady (Y/n), you. Because you had become Rhaegar's lover before he even married Elia.

You lay under thin sheets in the hot, suffocating darkness. You were covered in a thin layer of sweat and the sheets clung to your naked skin.A candle flickered in the corner and illuminated the room. As gently as the candlelight falling on you, your silver-haired lover kissed your shoulder.

"(Y/n)..." Rhaegar murmured and pressed his face into the crook of your neck. He curled his arms around you protectively. You leaned back against him.

Your life was at risk. If the king found out... Well, you didn't even want to finish that thought. Rhaegar assured you that no harm would come to you as long as he was still breathing. And you trusted him with your life.

"(Y/n)... Are you awake?"

You turned and faced Rhaegar. His violet eyes looked into your (e/c) ones desperately. You caressed his cheek and smiled at him. "What troubles you?"

"I should have married you." he said. "I regret not marrying you instead of Elia. I should have objected when my father-"

"You father is the king." You looked at him sternly. "I feel a traitor already.. Don't make this worse."

Rhaegar sighed. He twirled a (h/c) lock of yours around his finger. "I know.. But I'm not happy. Elia doesn't make me happy. But you do. The way you walk, smile, dance and make love to me. It's who I am. I would happily give away my title just to live the rest of my life with you."

"Rhaegar.." you said and teared up. "My love, my life.. Not every story has a happy ending."

A tear slipped down you face and you kissed your lover on the lips. If there are gods, they must be cruel, you thought as Rhaegar gingerly parted your legs.