Jon Snow (Part Two)

In your opinion, Eddard Stark's best decision was probably letting you in the Godswood. He said you were a child of the North, therefore you had to pray to the Old Gods. Unlike any maiden your age, the faceless and nameless gods did not intimidate you. You found comfort by the huge, white-trunked weirwood, and you felt like the gods really cared about you. Once you tried to pray to the Seven in the small sept, but you just couldn't. The blood of the northmen ran in your veins and nothing could change that.

The Godswood was where you went after you had left Jon in the practice yard. Sinking to your knees before the tree, you let your tears fall freely. Nobody would bother you here. And you mourned with all your heart. You mourned the love you'd never have.

"(Y/n)..." said someone behind you. "Why are you crying?"

"Just go away."

"I won't go away until you tell me what's wrong."

"Please..."

"No."

"Jon.." you pleaded and raised your eyes to meet his. "Just leave. I'm okay."

Jon sat down next to you - closer than what was comfortable - and wiped your tears away. "Your first lie."

You trembled when his fingers touched the skin of your face. "I want to be alone."

"The second." he said sadly, somewhat disappointed.

You shook your head and wiped away your fresh tears. "I can't tell you. You wouldn't understand. Besides, what my heart wishes shall never come true."

"You know, he likes you as well." Jon said and he stood up. "That's why I'm leaving for the Wall. I've seen the looks you exchange all the time and it's killing me. Because I love you. I always have. But it doesn't matter. I'll leave and you and him can be together if you like. You probably won't be able to marry him, but you can always be his mistress."

You felt light-headed for a moment and gazed up at him. "You love me?"

Jon sighed in embarrassment and looked at you. "Yes, I do. But haven't you heard what I've just said? He likes you as well."

"Who?" you asked and sincere puzzlement shone in your (e/c) eyes.

"Why Robb, of course."

You smiled at Jon lovingly. Could he be so blind he never noticed your affection for him? Standing up, you walked up to him and grabbed the collar of his leather jerkin and pulled him close to you.

"(Y/n), what are you doing?" he tried to fight you off with words (in vain, of course). "I really don't need your pity, so if that's what you -"

You cut him off by kissing him full on the lips and placed a hand on the back of his neck. At first, he tried to object, but he soon surrendered to your kisses and bites and returned them with enthusiasm. You broke away and rested your forehead against his, catching your breath. Jon was shaking as he held you in his arms. I want to remember every single thing about this moment, he thought, because it is never going to happen again. You will savour these memories when you will stand on top of the Wall, Jon.

"What is the meaning of this?" he asked quietly and pulled away to see your face. "What about Robb?"

"I never loved him."

This time it was Jon's turn to feel light-headed. Could it mean that...?

"Jon, don't go the Wall." you blurted out. "I don't want you to leave."

"Then where would you like to have me? Winterfell is no place for a bastard."

"By my side." you said and leaned in to kiss him again.

~Author's note~

Thank you guys so much for reading!

You liked this part?

Vote and comment! ❤